Doubled First Coyote Hunt 2024. 6.5CM 80gr HHT

Zen Archery

IMG_4034.jpeg

Spent the month of January working with a demo pack of .264/6.5 - 80gr Hammer HHT out of my 6.5 Creedmoor and Grendel.
Definitely ordering more to see if I can reach 3900 FPS with any accuracy out of the CM. Grendel load still in the works. But got to 2900 with no pressure before running out of bullets.

New .264/6.5 - 80gr Hammer HHT Bullet • Load Development to First Hunt

Nice work I'm headed out to try and locate a few tonight for a tournament this weekend. Hopefully I can do as well as you did.

View attachment 541621
Spent the month of January working with a demo pack of .264/6.5 - 80gr Hammer HHT out of my 6.5 Creedmoor and Grendel.
Definitely ordering more to see if I can reach 3900 FPS with any accuracy out of the CM. Grendel load still in the works. But got to 2900 with no pressure before running out of bullets.

New .264/6.5 - 80gr Hammer HHT Bullet • Load Development to First Hunt

Doubles are very difficult under any circumstances, you've reached a great milestone in coyote hunting. 👍 👍

It helps you to have a hand held howler readily handy when you have a double or more coming in so that when you make the first shot you can get on it with the injured coyote sounds. I hear that some of the newer e-calls will do it for you once you learn how to set them up. But at any rate the injured coyote will aid you in getting doubles or triples. There again there is a learning curve that can only be done in the field not on your couch.

It helps you to have a hand held howler readily handy when you have a double or more coming in so that when you make the first shot you can get on it with the injured coyote sounds. I hear that some of the newer e-calls will do it for you once you learn how to set them up. But at any rate the injured coyote will aid you in getting doubles or triples. There again there is a learning curve that can only be done in the field not on your couch.
True , however time is crucial here, take out the female usually recognized by stature, and bark loudly 2, 3 times 90% will freeze momentarily to give you a second to take a shot. Worker perfectly in the pictured above scenario.

I love my Crittr calls, with these I can make about any sound on earth including howing, hurt puppy dog and or dying wabbit...:)

I've never used a hammer bullet but I just came back from the range where i tested the Hornady 123 gr. sst in 6.5 cm and was amazed at how accurate it is. have you used this bullet before. I used Winchester Stabell 6.5 at 43.6 grs. and 44.0 grs.

Recent Posts