Dog hunting in kansas?

I know this post has bbeen up for a while. Any Walmart can sell you the license. You have to go at least to salina, ks to get into dogs.

Go in may or early June. The little ones are dumb when the come out of the burrow in the spring. The come out to see what the noise was :)

Just got back from whackin in Kansas. Don't go til at the earliest the 3rd week of June. It will be hot, but past the rains. Old, big mommas will be out then, too. We hunted around Kinsley.
BUT! do NOT book with 10 Gauge Outfitters! Food was only eatable. Had to drive at least 40 minutes in our cars, set up the tables and bring them back. He left us way out and expected us to find our way back. Shooting was mostly over 200 to way out there. Oh, and expensive,too. Tim has no people skills and did not "mingle" with any of us. Only gave orders of what to do or not to do. Lodge was nice, though, which is about the only good thing I can say about 10 Gauge.
If you find a good outfitter and good shooting in Ks., please let me know!

Just got back from whackin in Kansas. Don't go til at the earliest the 3rd week of June. It will be hot, but past the rains. Old, big mommas will be out then, too. We hunted around Kinsley.
BUT! do NOT book with 10 Gauge Outfitters! Food was only eatable. Had to drive at least 40 minutes in our cars, set up the tables and bring them back. He left us way out and expected us to find our way back. Shooting was mostly over 200 to way out there. Oh, and expensive,too. Tim has no people skills and did not "mingle" with any of us. Only gave orders of what to do or not to do. Lodge was nice, though, which is about the only good thing I can say about 10 Gauge.
If you find a good outfitter and good shooting in Ks., please let me know!

You resurrect an 8 year old thread to bitch, I understand you being upset, but this is a bit much, especially after you created a thread on it already.

Actually, I wrote this first, as I could not find a heading for outfitter reviews. ( Later, I found a plausible spot.) I did see it was old, but since you viewed it, it did what I wanted, to tell others of my poor experience. I have used outfitters for well over twenty years. Most have been good. This outfitter's web site gave all 5 star rated reviews which is why we went there. I just felt obligated to tell of my experience (to my friends on this site,) compared to what his web site touted. It's like if you have a bad experience with a troll here, would you keep quiet? No !

Why trust the outfitter's site versus doing your due diligence and ask on several Varmint/Predator sites or ask here first.

I am sorry you had a bad experience and I am sure there will be plenty that will welcome the feedback.

I have learned most look past a negative review and will forget it in short order, especially if they aren't in the market for that type of hunt or in that general area.

That kind of $$$ to shoot a prairie dog, I am in the wrong business.
I talked to an outfitter in Wyo, and at $670 Per day per shooter is plain stupid. Seems to me the land owner should be paying us to rid their property of the varmints. Heck if nothing else, provide the ammo. (just kidding on the ammo) Seriously, I got hooked on PD shooting, but I went one time in SE Colorado and the dogs for the most part had already been poisoned out. Now looking for someplace and or someone to shoot with were they are plentiful. I don't mind long distance driving as long as there is enough dogs to keep busy for three or four days. I'm in Arizona. But would like to keep it under 1500 miles. But then of course if a weeks worth, Not a factor. CALL if you know of a place or places. 520-678-0041. Please leave message as I don't answer unknown numbers due to spammers