DIY Archery Elk Hunt

ADMIN

Administrator
We struggled over some large boulder fields and Matt had a close call when he tripped and fell off a large boulder and just missed landing on his tail bone on a sharp, pointed rock. My altitude sickness was causing me to move quite slowly and I felt like I couldn't get enough water in me. We were battered and bruised but we hadn't given up yet and we continued to push on.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, DIY Archery Elk Hunt, By Andy Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Very cool! I remember reading the scouting trip report and just came on to see if I could find it. I'm hoping to do a similar trip next year if I can talk a buddy into it. I might have to stop in the store one of these days and see what I can pick your brains about..

Just now stumbled onto this article . I am a traditional archery elk hunter and always enjoy a great read. I am not a professional writer but I wrote an article about my 2015 DIY Colorado public land hunt as after many years of elk hunting both with compounds, muzzle loader, and traditional bows I finally shot my first bull. A nice 5 x 6, 30 yard shot with 47# Bob Lee custom recurve. Using a Gold tip Trad shafts tipped with 125 great 2 blade Grizzly broadhead. I wonder if I could get it posted on LRH?
My article was trimmed down and did appear in my local newspaper. I will post a few pictures next week.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.