Digiscoping help???

Elkwonder

Ok so mule deer season is approaching and I will start going scouting here next weekend. I bought a new Razor 27-60x85 spotter and thought I was pretty well ready. Thinking I was ready to go my buddy piped up today and asked if I had everything I needed to do some digiscoping when we go scouting???
Well honestly I had not even thought about it....:rolleyes: SO now I want to get setup by next weekend if at all possible.
My question is this..........whats the best small and affordable route I can go to start out? I already have a pretty good scope, so camera and adapter is all I really need I think.
Just looking for a descent point and shoot that is small and light and a descent mount. Looks like a lot of people like the Canon G9X? Thats a little more than I would like to spend if there is a suitable option out there for less money, IF NOT, I will just get the G9X and be done with it.........Thanks for the help.

I have a HookUpz Universal self centering for my I-phone. Got it last fall for an Az Strip trophy mule deer hunt. I have some awesome video of several 200"+ bucks. Used it through a 80mm spotter on the biggest muley I have ever seen. Videoed him at about 200yds just before dark on the day before the hunt started. The video turned out quite well. I think I paid $70 or so shipped, but it hooks up so quickly and self centers very well for great pics. BTW we never saw him again.

Don't get railed in on keeping up with the other guy . Just because your mate does it does not mean you have to , if it don't suite you or your pocket at the time. So you take a photo of the big trophie that you may never see again ? Gee that will make you feel good every time you see the photo of the one that got away !

Don't get railed in on keeping up with the other guy . Just because your mate does it does not mean you have to , if it don't suite you or your pocket at the time. So you take a photo of the big trophie that you may never see again ? Gee that will make you feel good every time you see the photo of the one that got away !

I really enjoyed helping my friend who drew the tag for this hunt. Not drawing a tag for this hunt allowed me to glass all day. You are entitled to your opinions, but it's not all about the killing.

I have an iPhone 6 I'm sure thats good enough. It doesn't do real well in the cold, but oh well.

whats the best adapter to use? Phone scope?

Elk, Just do some research and get any of the ones made to fit your phone profile AND the eyepiece of your spotting scope. NOT all adapters fit all eyepieces. The link I sent you was for one that fit Vortex scopes (Maybe it fits your Vortex). The self-centering aspect that Dosh mentions is another good trait.

I really enjoyed helping my friend who drew the tag for this hunt. Not drawing a tag for this hunt allowed me to glass all day. You are entitled to your opinions, but it's not all about the killing.
My opinion was not about any killing it was about following what your mate wants.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.