Difference in 30-338 Dies?

ishootkittens

Hey guys, Ive finally settled on a "standard" (not improved) version of the 30-338 lapua. I think I will have DECENT room in my CIP magazine to still go with the lapua cartridge over the norma. So here is my question.

I went looking for dies and I found a set of FL dies on Grafs but I dont know what the difference is between the 2 sets.

Graf & Sons - REDDING 300 LAPUA MAG FL SET 2-DIE CUSTOM, S/H #18
This link says its for a 300 lapua which I assume is just a 30-338 lapua

Graf & Sons - REDDING 30/338 LAPUA FL SET 2-DIE CUSTOM, S/H #35
This link is for a 30-338 lapua which I assume isnt much different (if any from a 300 lapua). It doesnt state that it is for an improved shoulder or long neck so that confuses me.

I basically want this build to be a "size-and-go" build with as little brass work as possible. Id like to size the brass and go. I talked to Mr. Viers from black diamond about this awhile ago and he sales custom FL dies that allow for the "size-and-go" route. If anyone has any idea as to what the difference is in these dies, please let me know. Thanks fellas

The 300 Lapua is SAMMI developed by Lapua. I would go with that. I have one sitting here and the Redding die box says 300 Lapua Magnum on the front. GREAT round.....Enjoy..gun).......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:)

The 300 Lapua is SAMMI developed by Lapua. I would go with that. I have one sitting here and the Redding die box says 300 Lapua Magnum on the front. GREAT round.....Enjoy..gun).......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:)

Redding finally got back to me guys, figured id update this thread. The 30-338 lapua die is strickly a 338 necked down to 30 caliber. The 300 lapua has a 25 degree shoulder with a headspace thats 0.031" shorter. Thats the only thing he gave me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts