Daughter Birthday Present

Red Sparky

My youngest daughter turned 11 on Wednesday. Today Mom and I bought her present. It made her finish her on line hunters ed class and now we need to sit through the hands on class for her to go turkey hunting next spring with her older sister. We got her a Mossburg youth model 20 guage pump. It fits her better than her sisters youth model 870. We are going shooting tomorrow and tonight we went over the workings of the gun and safety rules again. I also told her we would have a muzzle loader by next years deer season. I also have to buy her a bow for next years elk season. :D Looking forward to the time in the woods with my girls.

Red, my friend's daughters also hunt, it thrills me to see them hunting instead of just sitting around "texting" or watching crap on TV. Good for them.

Me and a buddy of mine got one of those Mossberg youth models for his little boy. Start out with the light stuff. That gun is so light the recoil is brutal. Nice to see the little ones hunting especially the girls. Good luck man. Hope she really enjoys it

I am starting her out with 7/8 oz. of #8 shot. Nice light target loads. Also with the older daughter and her 20 gauge I don't have them shooting "turkey loads". She shoots #5 shot out of a 2 3/4 inch shell that keeps a tight pattern out of a turkey choke to 40 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.