Cz 455 22lr barrels

cloutski

Hey,

I'm getting a cz 455 in on a trade, currently has a 20in barrel, wasn't sure if anyone had and experience with the gun with different barrel lengths and what they thought, it's mainly going to be a squirrel gun but I'll target shoot some.

TIA

I have a CZ453 varminter. I think it has a little heavier barrel. Shot fair when I got it. I free floated the barrel and made pillars for the action. It now shoots very good! With the single set trigger, fives shot in one ragged hole at 50 yards. I tried a lot of different 22 ammo, mine loves Federal Auto Match. No tree was too high in the river bottom for squirrel head shots! I do not remember the barrel length. On mine the safety is backwards. I carried it cocked with no shell in the chamber with the safety on, other wise the bolt would come open.

I've got a 455 with a 20" barrel. Great squirrel gun and will be ok for some fun target shooting. It's a little light for serious target shooting in my opinion.
I installed a MCarbo trigger spring and it helped lighten up the pull.
As with many 22's trying as many different varieties of ammo is recommended and then buying as much as possible of whatever shoot's best. Mine prefers cheap 40 grain CCI blazer and 38 grain Aguila.

I have 3 of the 457's. An American with the 24" light barrel, a Varmint with the 20" heavy barrel (this one is new to me) and a Pro-Varmint with the 16" heavily barrel. Any of them is an awesome squirrel setup. The Pro-Varmint is one hole at 50 yards and will ding my 4" plate at 200 yard every time with Lapua Center X. I haven't fully tested the Varmint yet but it shows a lot of potential. The American is what I grab when I head to the woods. For a great Squirrel gun, you won't be disappointed