CVA Paramount

owlman

Just wondering if anyone has seen or shot one of CVA Paramount muzzleloaders. I know Encore referenced the gun in a December post. I saw CVA's YouTube clip for the January SHOT show but other than that, there's not much out there. I realize there's a good chance that the guns are not shipping yet. Was hoping some lucky person had an inside track and could give some details.

I've yet to hear a single word...……..

I'm wondering if maybe they may have went back to the drawing board some with their self-adjusting head spacing? I do know that the inline shooters at Friendship are hoping one shows up for their May inline match.

My buddy picked up a paramount this year and his boy used it paired with the new powerbelt to take a young buck at about 120 yards. He recovered the bullet under the hide on the far side. He was shooting a reduced load though so not sure how they do faster. i included a pic he sent me of the powerbelt. I would be concered about gas cutting and blow by with that plug. i could see the blow by in some reviews i watched online. If ASG is making a replacement plug, that will be a sure upgrade.

tmp_6185-591593994244442455013545218.jpg

Took this doe at 207 yards with my paramount and burris eliminator was shooting the powerbelt elr and the deer was drt! It has been a very accurate gun and I have shot it over 500 yards on a 12 inch steel plate. I have had zero issues with the breach plug. And see no reason to change it.

Took this doe at 207 yards with my paramount and burris eliminator was shooting the powerbelt elr and the deer was drt! It has been a very accurate gun and I have shot it over 500 yards on a 12 inch steel plate. I have had zero issues with the breach plug. And see no reason to change it.
very nice. A burris eliminator really shines with muzzleloaders!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.