Cutting Edge Bullets Introduces New MZL MAXIMUS Muzzle Loader Bullets

ADMIN

Administrator
Muzzleloader bullets have evolved over the last few years providing hunters with excellent terminal performance but with low ballistic coefficient numbers: Cutting Edge Bullets has now changed the game providing a bullet that has both; the MAXIMUS™.

Maximus-expanded-bullet.jpg

Cutting Edges' previous RAPTOR™ bullets have extreme terminal performance, but they wanted to design something with a higher bc without sacrificing accuracy or terminal performance. The result is the MAXIMUS™ bullet, which is a cross between their long range, high BC MTH line and their RAPTOR™ line.

This monolithic, CNC Swiss lathe turned copper projectile is designed to shed 4 blades after 1-2" of penetration while the remaining base continues on for deep, straight line penetration. This essentially creates 5 separate wound channels, furthering the terminal effectiveness. These bullets will expand down to 1300fps.

This bullet is offered in: .429 cal 210gr and 250gr and .400 cal 165gr and 240gr

All of these bullets can be used in a 50cal rifle with the proper Harvester sabot.

.45 cal bullets for 50cal rifles will also be released soon.

Full-lineup-with-expanded-bullet.jpg

Technical info:

50cal (.430 dia) 210gr - 1:30" twist or faster required - BC .175
50cal (.430) 250gr - 1:24" twist or faster required - BC .311
45cal (.400 dia) 240gr - 1:24" twist or faster required - BC .287
45cal (.400 dia) 165gr - 1:30" twist or faster required - BC .173

The .429 bullets are also perfect for the bolt action or single shot 444 Marlin chambered rifles that are equipped with the proper twist barrels.

They will be sold on www.cuttingedgebullets.com in 12ct packs with harvester sabots as well as 20ct bulk packs without sabots.

www.cuttingedgebullets.com / (814) 345-6690

I picked up the 210gr for my Knight. Haven't shot them yet. Was hoping for some good velocity with the lighter bullet.

Anyone else shot these?

Killed a doe with the .430 cal 240 gr out of a CVA optima last year. Opened up quickly. Found petals under hide on off side. Main body of projectile exited.

How did they shoot? Mine are about 1.5 inches or so. Not great but I'm not shooting long range with them.

110 gr of Blackhorn should get them moving pretty fast.

Similar accuracy at 100. 115 grain blackhorn. I figure for deer even a 2" group is more than sufficient. The don't shoot as tight as the parker 275 match hunters, but inside 150-200 its good enough for deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.