• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag

I'm just pointing out a few things that make this listing pretty tough to swallow.

1: Um, No. All else being equal, a 3" barrel length change is not going to result in a ratio of 1/3 or 2/3 difference. As stated, that's like suggesting you gain 1000fps by cutting off 3". Also...you're not going to LOSE 1000 fps by cutting off 3" either....so you're simply pulling numbers out of your confetti shooter.

2:What? We all know bullet weights attribute to muzzle velocity. Surely you're not trying to compare a 180gr bullet from a 22" barrel....to a 110gr bullet from a 19" barrel. Yeah, I'm betting you can get some pretty awesome velocity increases that way...but it doesn't make it better.

3: Accusing people that know what they're talking about....of NOT knowing what they are talking about...immediately after proving that you don't know what YOU'RE talking about.

4: The listing specifically states "Custom Wichester Model 70 7 mm Mag"
I wouldn't even let someone get away with calling a stock upgrade "Custom" and the only thing this gem has going for it is a barrel that's been chopped off.
Cut 3" off Ron Jeremy and I bet he doesn't go around calling himself "Custom Jeremy"...That's essentially what you've done to the 7mm Rem Mag. Handicapped it.

5: I don't think he was insulting the weapon, per say... I think he was actually insulting you, on a personal level.
The rifle is innocent. The rifle goes to sleep in the gun safe every night, crying because it's best years are behind him, now that he looks like a 12 year old boy, instead of the man he once was.

Butter bean, sorry buddy this guys post just took the cake! I want to say to all contributors....thank you! I can't quit reading the bashing of this poor "marine" and his ignorance to post on this site something straight off the wal mart gun shelf and call it custom...then watch everyone belittle him. I'm not calling this young man ignorant, just saying it is a very ignorant move to make this his 1st post. A turd with a leupold shade of lipstick does not say $1100. It's says about $350 for the scope......Maybe.

Butter bean, sorry buddy this guys post just took the cake! I want to say to all contributors....thank you! I can't quit reading the bashing of this poor "marine" and his ignorance to post on this site something straight off the wal mart gun shelf and call it custom...then watch everyone belittle him. I'm not calling this young man ignorant, just saying it is a very ignorant move to make this his 1st post. A turd with a leupold shade of lipstick does not say $1100. It's says about $350 for the scope......Maybe.
I wasnt trying to belittle him,With that being said I assume he is Ex Corps and would have a better knowledge of weapons (I was incorrect) as it has already been said it would make a good action to build something on but thats about it,He would be best to part it out, The scope is worth more than the rifle as it rite now, I guess he didnt know this Was the Bigs, Hope it works out for him but he's off to a rough start

Also, and this is just my opinion, you devalued the rifle by a substantial margin by shortening the barrel to 19" on a magnum. The members on this forum look at a 19" barrel on a magnum caliber as blasphemy. You will be better off, here anyway, selling the scope separately and letting the rifle go as a donor action. If you get your asking price, kudos to you. I am telling you this as an honest assessment, but I seriously doubt you will get anywhere near that number on this forum.

Good luck to you.

My uncle had the barrel shortened a year or 2 ago when the rifle was in his possession. He came into a tight spot financialy so I decided to help him out, he assures me that shortening the barrel was the greatest idea in the world. I don't have a chronograph so I didnt know the difference. I just got out of the corps a couple months ago and my secondary mos was a combat marksmanship coach, so I know how to coach people on shooting, but when it comes to different weapon platforms I might not know all the specs but I'm young and willing to learn. If I ****ed anyone off in the process I apologize, I'm not used to this caliber of conversation about different weapons. Thanks for posting the pics and for the advice.

I wasnt trying to belittle him,With that being said I assume he is Ex Corps and would have a better knowledge of weapons (I was incorrect) as it has already been said it would make a good action to build something on but thats about it,He would be best to part it out, The scope is worth more than the rifle as it rite now, I guess he didnt know this Was the Bigs, Hope it works out for him but he's off to a rough start

No such thing as an ex marine only former marines and yes there is a difference, and just so you know my issued weapons in the corps included an m4 carbine, an m9 semi auto pistol, 2 240 machine guns, a automated m2 50 cal, and finally a 120 mm smooth bore main gun. Any guesses on wat job I had? I'll tell you now it wasn't snipers and I was never issued a model 70 7mm. So for all of you who think you are the God of guns congrats you have no life, I've done my time serving my country, deployed to 3 different countries for no less than 9 month deployments, away from my wife and son, I've earned my right to say Watever the **** I want, you ladies want to get into a ****ing contest, go ahead and **** in the wind, derick, thank you for the advice you've been the ONLY civil,mature, professional out of all these Homos. Again thanks and butterbean and cbass go suck start you rifles.

No such thing as an ex marine only former marines and yes there is a difference, and just so you know my issued weapons in the corps included an m4 carbine, an m9 semi auto pistol, 2 240 machine guns, a automated m2 50 cal, and finally a 120 mm smooth bore main gun. Any guesses on wat job I had? I'll tell you now it wasn't snipers and I was never issued a model 70 7mm. So for all of you who think you are the God of guns congrats you have no life, I've done my time serving my country, deployed to 3 different countries for no less than 9 month deployments, away from my wife and son, I've earned my right to say Watever the **** I want, you ladies want to get into a ****ing contest, go ahead and **** in the wind, derick, thank you for the advice you've been the ONLY civil,mature, professional out of all these Homos. Again thanks and butterbean and cbass go suck start you rifles.

Now that was funny, I give you a pass on this thread and thanks for your service.

First off Thank You For Serving, Second Off I served with alot of Marines who were Professional's (F.A.S.T) and conducted themselves as such with Pride and Proffesionalism Which you have show neither of(Civil and Mature....Your words) with your Childish Profanity which is conduct unbecoming of a fomrer Marine(And yes I know the difference)You being the "Instructor"that you are Should have done a little more research on the pure stock short tube "Custom" Rifle you are trying to sell......Once again I'll state that I served with the some fine Marines who knew what they were doing at all times in all places Here and On Site ......That Will be My last word on the subject

Devildog, thank you for your service and sacrifice. Ignore the small people posting in this thread; this is otherwise a great site.

This may be one of the most childish, whiny, arrogant displays of resume spouting I've ever read online.
In my relatively lengthy experience dealing with Internet Badasses, it's the guys that feel the need to dish out their resume that are the most incompetent. People that know what they are doing, don't need to explain themselves.
YOU'RE the one that was touting off about the sparkling velocity numbers you were getting by shortening your rifle...now it finally comes out that you don't know what the numbers WERE, nor what they ARE NOW. I guess you just estimated with a stop watch eh?
Talk about being civil and mature. You're the one trying to peddle your BS to a group of people that actually know better...and you get all butt hurt when they call you out on it.
Get used to it sir, you've got a lot of growing up to do.

And another thing...Military service is commendable. I have uncles and cousins in the Navy and Air Force and a grandfather that is a former Marine. I have nothing but respect for the sacrifice that you've made....but that doesn't mean you're not a dip ****.

This may be one of the most childish, whiny, arrogant displays of resume spouting I've ever read online.
In my relatively lengthy experience dealing with Internet Badasses, it's the guys that feel the need to dish out their resume that are the most incompetent. People that know what they are doing, don't need to explain themselves.
YOU'RE the one that was touting off about the sparkling velocity numbers you were getting by shortening your rifle...now it finally comes out that you don't know what the numbers WERE, nor what they ARE NOW. I guess you just estimated with a stop watch eh?
Talk about being civil and mature. You're the one trying to peddle your BS to a group of people that actually know better...and you get all butt hurt when they call you out on it.
Get used to it sir, you've got a lot of growing up to do.

And another thing...Military service is commendable. I have uncles and cousins in the Navy and Air Force and a grandfather that is a former Marine. I have nothing but respect for the sacrifice that you've made....but that doesn't mean you're not a dip ****.

It's called math dick, you know something you learned in school maybe, I was ESTIMATING, hence the reason I didnt know the exact number, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with some 'internet thug" hiding behind a computer, I did not ask for any of this bs yal are givi
Me. As I've stated before, I can appreciate criticism not *** holes, if your so mature/experienced, then why not ask why I didn't know the exact muzzle velocity, or if I shorted the barrel or a gunsmith? Knowing your **** about different weapons systems is all fine and dandy but if your a dick to every one you meet have fun enjoying it alone

...I am guessing you were a tank rat in the Corps...?

Hey brother, you are embarrassing the rest of the former Marines on this site. Myself included!

I have a pretty good feeling that your rifle will not sell here anymore. Especially at that price. Maybe you kill this sale and/or consider parting it out.

There is an incredible wealth of knowledge here. Maybe just drop this one and stop trolling for more BS. Stop burning bridges whether you are trying to or not and maybe you can maintain a welcomed presence.

If you are hell bent on selling the rifle, try another site or Gunbroker, as most of the guys on here have little use for your rifle (other than parts) because a 19" barrel on a magnum isn't their thing.

I am not trying to elicite more BS; just a little advice. Take it or leave it. Your call

It's called math dick, you know something you learned in school maybe, I was ESTIMATING, hence the reason I didnt know the exact number, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with some 'internet thug" hiding behind a computer, I did not ask for any of this bs yal are givi
Me. As I've stated before, I can appreciate criticism not *** holes, if your so mature/experienced, then why not ask why I didn't know the exact muzzle velocity, or if I shorted the barrel or a gunsmith? Knowing your **** about different weapons systems is all fine and dandy but if your a dick to every one you meet have fun enjoying it alone

I'm with Bronco, this one needs to go away. Actually you did ask for everything you got here by not stating facts and just pulling BS out of your ***. ESTIMATING is what I do for a living and I can tell you that it is not math. It may be based on mathmatical numbers but in the end it is an educated guess based on supporting information. With that being said you cannot even say you were ESTIMATING. A number or figure based on BS is nothing more than BS !

...I am guessing you were a tank rat in the Corps...?

Hey brother, you are embarrassing the rest of the former Marines on this site. Myself included!

I have a pretty good feeling that your rifle will not sell here anymore. Especially at that price. Maybe you kill this sale and/or consider parting it out.

There is an incredible wealth of knowledge here. Maybe just drop this one and stop trolling for more BS. Stop burning bridges whether you are trying to or not and maybe you can maintain a welcomed presence.

If you are hell bent on selling the rifle, try another site or Gunbroker, as most of the guys on here have little use for your rifle (other than parts) because a 19" barrel on a magnum isn't their thing.

I am not trying to elicite more BS; just a little advice. Take it or leave it. Your call
Embarrassing or not I speak my mind, my only intentions were to post an ad and see if I could sell this rifle, personally I prefer my ar15, I wasn't trying to start any bs or drama, I JUST WANTED TO SELL THIS RIFLE, but if there is one thing I can't stand, its people like these guys who would rather tall down to you as if their perfect, instead of sharing advice man to man, I'm not saying all are this way but for most of the guys in this thread that seems to hold true. Im sure most of the guys on this site know a great deal more about weapons than I do and that doesn't bother me. I like learning the tricks and tips from people who do this every day. I don't have that pleasure. When I'm not at work I'm with my family.so to find a site where gun enthusiasts from around the country come to discuss higher caliber weapons was kind of a treat, can I account for why the barrel was shortened? No, can I still try to sell it yes. That was my only intentions.
Semper Fi.

Recent Posts