• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Remington 700

tikkad

For sale is my Remington 700 short action in 6mm Remington. I hate to let this gun go but I just don't have the time to shoot it as much as I used too. It was mostly used on paper and as my varmint rifle when I was heavy into calling.

The action is blueprinted and trued

The stock is a HS Precision tactical with adjustable LOP and adjustable Comb with a full length aluminum bedding block
(front sling stud is missing but I will add another prior to shipping)

Barrel is a 26 inch 1 in 10 twist Shilen finished with a vais muzzle brake duracoated OD green

Trigger is tuned to a very crip 2.5 lbs by GAP

Bolt features a tactical oversized badger bolt knob (some wear shown in pictures)

Bottom metal is CDI and includes 1 10 rounds accuracy international magazine (Krylon OD green)

Action is topped with a nightforce 20 MOA rail installed by a smith

Smith was Glenn Oliver out of Weslaco, Texas

It has been a pleasure to own - being able reach out and touch something while still being pleasant on the shoulder as well as the pocketbook to shoot. I have probably shot over 20 whitetail and many many more coyotes with this gun. I can only think of one deer that ever took a step and that was because I did not do my part. several boars were shot as well up to 280 something pounds.

Gun shoots under a minute of angle with most factory loads and averages around .6 inches outside to outside at 100 yards with 2 different projectiles that I can provide data for

Priced to move at $1,200 NOW $1,100for the gun, magazine and base alone or $1,550 NOW $1,450 with scope and rings (I have over 2k in this gun but as I am buying my first home it is time to let it go)

Scope that I am willing to include is a Nikon monarch 5x20x44 with Niko plex reticle Featuring 1/4 MOA Target turrets And a 4 inch sunshade
Rings that I have are Burris XTR low

I would estimate 550-650 shots fired and never at or exceeding maximum powder quantity except for load development which I went up to maximum. Due to the barrel length shooting just under maximum still proved to be a very hot round.

2m6ldhj.jpg

while this was a hunting rifle there are some rubs but no real scratches and I feel they are well represented in the pictures as can be seen on the stock and the handle.

vfdxmc.jpg

eq2o9k.jpg

fe1agl.jpg

vqrubn.jpg

b82suh.jpg

dg2ded.jpg

.302 MOA at 200 yards with Berger Match Hunting 87 GR VLD's. This was my go to hunting round. Group is only 4 shots since I shot a 6th shot at 100 after a called flyer after loading 10. I will have to dig up the target but excluding the flyer 5 round group at 100 was a ragged hole.

I will include at no charge whatever brass I have, 200-500 projectiles, and dies if the purchaser reloads. I believe projectiles are a combinations of Nosler Partions, primarily Berger's, and I think some SMK's as well

18ew01.jpg

When I was using it often I had a Zeiss conquest on there as shown. The furthest I stretched it out to was 800 yards on some milk jugs.

w6r1bt.jpg

While my go to load was only an 87 grain bullet it was devastating on everything I came up against. It handled larger projectiles well but with its primary target being coyotes I loved this bullet for how flat it shot and while still having nearly a .430 BC (Berger Hunting VLD)

Last edited:
TTT

***All brass and projectiles I have on the bench will be included***

I believe the Barrel to be a #3 contour. Roughly 1.5" at the start tapering down to rough 5/8"