Coyote hunting near Colorado Springs

Stk

Do any of you hunt coyotes near Colorado Springs? I've gone out probably close to a dozen times but no luck. I'm going to try Fort Carson next month. Have any of you hunted on the base before or have any interest in checking it out?

I have hunted coyotes on Carson. Lots of coyotes, but they get hit hard. You can still get them but they seem tougher to call there. Have seen quite a few in TA's 22,25,28,34,35,42,43,55 and 56.

The LV units up north have a ton of coyotes, but I have never been able to get them to respond to the call. Heck, I have seen them 100 yards from Range Control. Lol.

Hope you get 'em...

Thanks for the tips. I actually headed up to Wyoming for some prairie dog hunting this past weekend and bagged my first coyote while I was up there. Found a dead and mostly-eaten cow calf on BLM and thought that might be a good spot to try a call. It worked!

Do any of you hunt coyotes near Colorado Springs? I've gone out probably close to a dozen times but no luck. I'm going to try Fort Carson next month. Have any of you hunted on the base before or have any interest in checking it out?

I would head east and get around/near some isolated cattle ranches or feed lots,,, cattle death and cows birthing are free meals and hay stacks collect a lot of mice and birds rabbits etc.

Also around water sources they love to hunt the abundant wild life that collects around rivers and lakes .

As your out driving look around look for rabbits and cottontails,,, birds such as huns and quail ducks and pheasants etc. ,,, no food source no coyotes...

Also narrow eye focusing is a good way to miss approaching yotes,,, learn to slowly scans around you, no quick movements and with a wide eye focus.

Are you using a machine or hand calls?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.