Couple new Hammers

Attachments

• two new hammers.jpeg
    two new hammers.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 57
137 Grain 6.5 that needs a 1-7 twist? Won't stabilize in a 1-8?

It is 1.557" long at 137g. A 7" twist at sea level gives it an SG of 1.54. In an 8" twist at sea level the SG would be 1.18. At 6500ft elevation an 8" twist would have an SG of 1.5. So if you have enough elevation it would work great in an 8" twist.

Steve

It is 1.557" long at 137g. A 7" twist at sea level gives it an SG of 1.54. In an 8" twist at sea level the SG would be 1.18. At 6500ft elevation an 8" twist would have an SG of 1.5. So if you have enough elevation it would work great in an 8" twist.

Steve

1.557" Long. That would make for a 1-7 twist lol. I think i'll get a box to try them out of my 6.5-06. It has a 1-8" twist, I am curious too see how they do in that barrel.

1.557" Long. That would make for a 1-7 twist lol. I think i'll get a box to try them out of my 6.5-06. It has a 1-8" twist, I am curious too see how they do in that barrel.

I'll get them loaded on the web site tonight. I look forward to your results.

Steve

Got the 137g 6.5mm loaded on the Hammer web site. Sorry for the delay, my son took me on an overnight backpacking trip into the high country for father's day. Good father's day.

Steve

Just cut these tonight.

.375/328g for 1-12" twist and 6.5mm/137g for 1-7" twist.

Steve

OMG: yes. .375/328. Yes, yes, yes.

Now I just have to:
Recover from the fire.
Finish the cartridge design.
Order the reamer.
Thread the barrel.
Inlet the stock for for the different profile.
Fit the brake.
Assemble everything.

Seriously, I do have to do all that stuff. I had a fire in the electric panel for the shop. Hard short inside the panel. Electrician made an error, years ago but who new.

Steve, I am serious. if you go into production with the .375/328 I need one/some to make the cartridge up to ship to JGS or Manson.

OMG: yes. .375/328. Yes, yes, yes.

Now I just have to:
Recover from the fire.
Finish the cartridge design.
Order the reamer.
Thread the barrel.
Inlet the stock for for the different profile.
Fit the brake.
Assemble everything.

Seriously, I do have to do all that stuff. I had a fire in the electric panel for the shop. Hard short inside the panel. Electrician made an error, years ago but who new.

Steve, I am serious. if you go into production with the .375/328 I need one/some to make the cartridge up to ship to JGS or Manson.

PM me a delivery address and I will get one in the mail. Or I can just get the item number loaded on the web page and you can order a box.

Steve

PM me a delivery address and I will get one in the mail. Or I can just get the item number loaded on the web page and you can order a box.

Steve

Get the item loaded and I'll order a few different things at the same time.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.