Colorado muzz bull

schmalts

Not huge but for a 0-1 point unit on public land it is a keeper. Normal areas I hunt more crowded than usual.
20230915_163019.jpg

I wish I new even where to start to do something as wonderful as this. Congratulations!
I've been one who's killed a 6x6 in a opportunity unit the last 3 times I've hunted. I have friends that want me to take them for elk. My advice to them is pretty blunt. They have little to no chance at being in the 10% that kill elk in these units without taking cardio and leg training seriously. The distance from the truck on my last 3 bulls has been 9,10,and 3.5 miles. I'm no great hunter, I just mountain bike 3 days a week to get into shape to hunt places most won't go. Public land hunts in opportunity units require going further than 90% of others would go. Limited draw units are a lot different because there is far less pressure. Many times i question my sanity for doing this when I'm borderline exhaustion breaking down and packing an elk out while pushing 60 years old. That's just my advice for what it's worth. But I don't think I'm doing this much longer