CO Unit 21 Sheep

DonnaCam

I have drawn a sheep ewe tag for the west side of Unit 21, basically Sneffels Wilderness. I scouted up in Yanke Boy Basin and drew a blank. I also scouted north side of Whitehouse. I talked to the division wildlife officer, and then to the biologist. One said east Sneffels wilderness, one said west side. When I pointed out to one that the other had said the opposite end, they said, Oh yeah, I was gonna mention that area... Instead of narrowing my search, their help more than doubled my search area! So I am not sure really where to go. My scouting was fruitless, but it was over Labor Day when tons of people were out. I leave Friday and I suppose I am going to go to the area I did not scout. Anyone familiar with the area that might provide some clues as to movements of ewe herds aroud Telluride? This is my once in a lifetime chance to hunt bighorn as I will never draw a ram tag and settled for a ewe tag because it is all about the experience to me, not the horns. I am a 58yr old woman, experienced hunter, solo hunting my dream and sure want to at least find them! May not be able to get to them, but want to find them and at least look at them! Thanks.

Wish I had some info to share. Not to say their aren't a lot of sheep guys/gals here, but there are lots on Rokslide.com, so you may want to try there too. I'm sure someone will be willing to help here or there. Good Luck!

Unfortunately, not a member of Rokslide and if I joined to ask a question like I just asked, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.