CMP Camp Perry National Shooting Meet

SidecarFlip

Just curious if anyone is going (besides myself and our hunting group)

It runs all through July 2014 at Camp Perry, Sandusky, Ohio.

Everything from F Class to pistol to long range 1000 yard prone.

All the big names from all over the world will be there competing asnd best of all, besides free admission and really good advoce from the professionals in out sport, all the major and not so major retailers will be there like Midway, Sinclair International, and Grafs toi name a few, all with stocks of components (powder, primers, bullets, brass, reloading tools, you name it, all on sale in Merchants Row.

I imagine Team Lapua will be there as well as Pierce Engineering (competing in F Class).

Good family fun with Toledo nearby for accomodations as well as Sandusky and Cedar Point for the kids (and grown kids too).

Hope to see you there......

I will be going there with Bob Sebold to compete in the f class midrange championships. Hopefully I will have my new stock ready in time for it. Did some modifications to the original Low Pro stock I am selling that will make it track even better than it already is. I can see this as becoming the go to stock for f open, especially for the bigger calibers.

Gee, I know anothber Pierce, but Lansing, MI. Will bed there on Tuesday morning AM for sure, for hanfgun comp and other classes as necessary. It's close for me. Not so close I can hear the reports, but close enough.

Would that be John Pierce from Pierce Engineering? Ive had people ask if hes my dad, lol. People get us confused quite abit since its same last name and same town, just different state. Ive actually received invoices from stock companies that were his. Didn't take long to figure out it wasn't mine though:D I finally got to meet him down at the fclass world championships, heck of a nice guy.

Your Lasnsing and my Lansing are worlds apart......:)

My Lansing is about 2 hours from here.....

One in the same person and he's building a pair of custom rifles for me, a 6.5 x284 Kriger barreled, titanium action, MacMillan stocked and a 308, Bartlien barreled Manners stocked.

Hope you booked your lodging ahead or are camping though campsites are on military preference this year.

BTW, how close is Lansing, Iowa to Marne, Iowa??

I just booked my lodging today. Im glad you reminded me. I called my buddy up thinking he had booked the lodging, I was wrong. Got a place right on the lake for 95 bucks a night. Marne is quite a ways from me, 5.5 hours. I actually go hunting down by there in Atlantic during the doe rifle season. Managed to smack a doe at 625, my longest yet. Also managed to murder a cheese ball jug at 1350 yards with my 338 edge with 10 minutes of wind on the scope. Didn't have to track the jug very far:D

There ya go....

Besides being a firearms person, I'm a British bike nut. Marne is home to Baxter's Triumph, the olderst Triumph franchise in the country and the owner has a rally/show every year that I always attend. It's like CMP but for Brit bikes. Needless to say, I own a vintage Triumph with a sidecar. I'm familiar with Atlantic. Thats where Mahle has a plant.

She's a trailer queen (the bike). The wife and I journey out there. The wife goes antique shopping while I do my bike thing.

I'm also familiar with Sibley, Iowa on the north side. Thats where my sidecar came from.

I find it interesting that lots of posters on here talk about the lack of components. You and I both know where they will be......at CMP in vendors row,

In the past, I've gotten some really good deals from inside those buildings and good sound advice from participants at the CMP as well.

Great venue btw.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts