Channel Changer

Muddyboots

667135AF-8ACB-44C2-9221-27BC4E1D68D2.jpeg

Or when we had only 3 TV stations and they went off air at like midnight!…..🤔
CBS, NBC, ABC and then it had a CROSS Section with Circles for a steady screen and BEEEEEEK sound from 12:00AM to 6:00AM (Naturally Black & White).
I think one of the first TV Shows was the Ed Sullivan Show.
The only thing we watched (my father controlled what was watched and twisted the "Rabbit Ears with Tin Foil") when we did get a TV was the NEWS that came on at 6:00 PM. I think later on I remember Walter Cronkite

The pictures are from a "Magnifying TV VIEWER" 12" X 12" X 4" with a Sliding Mount that you attached and put in front of the Little B&W TV to make the picture look bigger. We all sat on the floor - Mom & Dad had chairs and we watched the TV! Distorted the picture, but did make our TV look like out new 70" 4K Flat Screen.

Attachments

• TV Magnifer1.jpg
    TV Magnifer1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 36
  • TV Magnifer with Mount.jpg
    TV Magnifer with Mount.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
  • TV Magnifer Side view.jpg
    TV Magnifer Side view.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 29
  • TV Magnifier.jpg
    TV Magnifier.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Samson and Shelby.jpg
    Samson and Shelby.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 35
CBS, NBC, ABC and then it had a CROSS Section with Circles for a steady screen and BEEEEEEK sound from 12:00AM to 6:00AM (Naturally Black & White).
I think one of the first TV Shows was the Ed Sullivan Show.
The only thing we watched (my father controlled what was watched and twisted the "Rabbit Ears with Tin Foil") when we did get a TV was the NEWS that came on at 6:00 PM. I think later on I remember Walter Cronkite

The pictures are from a "Magnifying TV VIEWER" 12" X 12" X 4" with a Sliding Mount that you attached and put in front of the Little B&W TV to make the picture look bigger. We all sat on the floor - Mom & Dad had chairs and we watched the TV! Distorted the picture, but did make our TV look like out new 70" 4K Flat Screen.
I'll have to pull out the Telegraph that my Dad used when he took me to work with him. No phones on the side of a mountain only telegraph wires. My father sent all comm by a telegraph key and received messages out of a box. will post pictures tomorrow. i have the telegraph and receiver box along with many Rail\\Road items.