canadian content

tony m

Are there any other Canadians out there?Where are you and what type of hunting and shooting do you do? I am in south eastern BC, keep my shooting to medium ranges and hunt from horseback primarily.I like all the activity on this site but much does not apply here,for me.We generally get close to game before any shot is taken.Am I just a Geezer or what?

Yep. Im in north western bc, but hunt north. Lots of long range hunting. Going to try for elk this year, north of mackenzie in October. I know southeast well (was just in creston) and had to dodge many deer and big rams while driving. You are lucky to live in beautiful part of the province.

Marko

Im from eastern ont hour south of attawa some long range shooting 300 to 500 but most is 50 to 200 yds . Do a lot of coyotie hunting . Not a lot of deer left around hear because of the little devils.

im in southern Yukon and also a geezer. don't hunt moose anymore, too much work but I did kill a bear this spring. not too big but got a lot of peperoni. seems to get tougher every year now. cheers

Forgot about this post..thanks for the reply.I have been sheep hunting when I can.Lucky there are right here.Getting an elk or a moose out is a big job...those northern moose are more than a one man job.I gave hunted north a little too and will again.Long range shooting is unfamiliar to me..I read about it..do a lot of shooting myself, can't imagine having the confidence here, it is very steep, you are always winded and in the mountains the winds can really fool a guy.I have chatted with some that are quite confident though.I choose a medium caliber and the rifle as light as is practical with a barrel 22" long..good in the rocks y'know.Me thinks these hills get steeper with time.Good hunting everybody

I'm from southern ontario. Mostly hunt moose, bear and deer. Get down to Montana from time to time for elk and will be doing some caribou in the next couple years. Moose hunting there's chances from 30-40 yards out too 800-1100 yards easy. Been trying to stretch my legs in the past couple years and do to bad situations have past on big Bulls at 740, 566, and once around 1048. Hopefully this year is my year

I'm in the Thompson Rivers area of BC or the South Central Interior. Hunt Moose, elk up north, goat, sheep, and bear. I will go after deer but am very picky with what deer I will take as the family does not like it very, so I want the once in a lifetime wall hanger. The big mature bucks generally taste better too IMHO! I practice with my 7RM out to 500 meters, it shoots hand loads sub MOA, and I feel confident with it, so I'm alright with long range.

I'm in the Thompson Rivers area of BC or the South Central Interior. Hunt Moose, elk up north, goat, sheep, and bear. I will go after deer but am very picky with what deer I will take as the family does not like it very, so I want the once in a lifetime wall hanger. The big mature bucks generally taste better too IMHO! I practice with my 7RM out to 500 meters, it shoots hand loads sub MOA, and I feel confident with it, so I'm alright with long range.
nice to see fellow BCers on this site.I am from the south east, along the continental divide.You must be from the Kamloops area.We hunt the above game but prefer sheep.Cheers

Long time lurker, first post. Usually spend my hours on Canadian Gun Nutz and the Alberta Outdoorsmen forum.

I live in SE Alberta, so a lot of this type of hunting is perfect for me. We have very flat areas with a lot of visibility that is uninterrupted. I hunt Bow, bird and big game! Add in gophers, coyotes and more recently due to migration patterns - raccoons and cougars.

This year Ill be packing a Tikka T3 Varmint .300WinMag, Sorensen Brake, 20MOA rail and Bushnell 6500 2.5-16. Unfurtunately it has the duplex reticle but I keep cards with my data for various weather conditions.

Was plugging some Winchester grey box 180g and Im doing a consistent .3MOA at 100 for 3 round groups whilst taking my time, and .97MOA firing 5 round groups fast with this ammo.

I do reload, and have for a very long time, but I am currently awaiting some new tooling for .300WM and may pillar/steel bed this rifle first.gun)

I got to go on my very first hunting trip as a hunter back on the september long weekend. Two brother n laws each got a moose, I got nothing except a couple real good bush naps and some good hiking time and quad time, long ways to drive 14 hours each way to go camping for 3 days and not bring home food. I tried to call an elk out of heavy trees so I could identify it but no luck. It was really cool to be that close and ready for the shot if it became avaliable, but there is always next time. Sept 19th 2015 weekend my wife and I are checking out new area for some mule deer and white tail deer closer to home and romantic camping weekend, might get some fly fishing in to.

From Northern Alberta and hunt pretty much everything. Most time spent on deer and elk. Shot distance really various. 80-600yards. Went ever drawn I go for moose, and just in the middle of setting up our annual Wolf hunt.

Northern Saskatchewan, here. Hunt moose and deer and have been wanting to stretch out my effective killing range to take that ethical long range precision shot to harvest more food for the family. I'm finally going to do it.