Calling All Albertans!

Antler24

Hey folks. I'm from Newfoundland and I work in Alberta's Oil Patch. I've been working in Alberta for well over a year, flying back and forth to home. I'm still a NL resident, I'm wanting to hunt out here, I just got a WIN a few days ago.
Is there anyway I can hunt in Alberta without a host? I was told I could legally hunt alone right away if I become an Alberta resident. Is this correct? If so what's the best way to become a resident? I was also told by the same person that I could change my drivers license to an Alberta license and that would instantly make me a resident, allowing me to hunt. Can anyone shed some light here?

Hi - if you have an Alberta residence (not just a box number) and get an Alberta driver's licence, you can immediately hunt as a resident in Alberta. This means you would NOT be a resident of Newfoundland, and if you hunted there - it would be as a Canadian resident. You cannot hold a resident status in two Provinces at the same time.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.