Building on a weatherby vanguard action

Elkeater

Is there anything special to consider when doing a semi custom on a weatherby vanguard action? I have a youth model in 7-08 that never sees the light of day mostly due to the fact that it isn't threaded and I kinda don't like shooting without a suppressor anymore. The barrel is a light sporter/maybe pencil profile so it's not really big enough to thread. That means a re barrel so while I plan on keeping it 7-08 because I kinda like that cartridge. Only other round I may consider is .243 win. Anyway figured if I was gonna rebarrel it I might as well get rid of the plastic stock in favor of something nice and lightweight. Thinking overall a nice lightweight sporter stock with a 20" barrel.

Figured I'd ask the brain trust for any advice before I start messing around.

If it is the Vangard with Howa receiver you might look at Stocky's Carbon stock. I have one on my Howa 1500 Carbon Stalker in Kryptek camo - it is very nice. My Howa is. 7mm-08 and has threaded barrel although I've never attached a brake. Maybe get a Howa take-off barrel.

If it is the Vangard with Howa receiver you might look at Stocky's Carbon stock. I have one on my Howa 1500 Carbon Stalker in Kryptek camo - it is very nice. My Howa is. 7mm-08 and has threaded barrel although I've never attached a brake. Maybe get a Howa take-off barrel.
Any idea on how to tell if it's a Howa 1500 receiver? I like the look of those stocky's VG2 stocks. So that would be nice with a heavy sporter cut to 20-22" suppressed.

Vanguards are built by Howa for weatherby. They fo have a metric thread barrel but that should not be a problem. I have a semi custom built on a Howa 1500 with the WTO Switchlug for easy barrel changes.

Whenever your searching for any product, you just have to do double the searches ("Weatherby Vanguard" and "Howa 1500"). Some stuff will be listed for one (like the KRG Bravo only lists the Howa 1500 but will work for either) and other stuff will only be listed for the other (like the Leupold BackCountry scope base is only listed for the Weatherby). Double the work but its easy work.
"