Bow Carry Options

dmj

As the years have gone by getting around in the mountains has become a little more difficult. I have found that using trekking poles helps considerable. I can strap the bow to my backpack and this works great for carrying but not so great when you want the bow in a hurry. Are there any ideas for carrying your bow that allows for somewhat quick access when hiking and you are using your trekking poles. Thank you

It may not fit what you're looking for but I use something similar to this. It's an over the shoulder carry and the top fastener clip can be unclipped in a second to allow for knocking an arrow and shooting. There are a number of companies who make this style sling.

Limbsaver sling

As the years have gone by getting around in the mountains has become a little more difficult. I have found that using trekking poles helps considerable. I can strap the bow to my backpack and this works great for carrying but not so great when you want the bow in a hurry. Are there any ideas for carrying your bow that allows for somewhat quick access when hiking and you are using your trekking poles. Thank you
I use a sling from slogan outdoors, https://www.sloganoutdoors.com/slings

I have a sling. I wouldn't recommend it for what you're looking to do.
I only use it to protect the string, as I don't like spending $100 every season and have to retune all my stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    633.8 KB · Views: 17
They make a single bow hook that goes on waist belt.I use two on my pack web, have for 20 years.I also have a over shoulder double 2 as back up.If biking I use a bow bucket off pack like a exo and strap
IMG_0018.JPG

When I really need poles, I just go with one. Having a big bow slung on with a pack too is a PITA.
That's kinda been my answer also. When I'm actually hunting I carry the bow in one hand and just use one pole and put the second one in my pack. Then when I'm traveling and not really expecting to see anything I put the bow on my pack and use both poles. Thank you everyone for your suggestions I will investigate them. Thank you