Bought one of the AG Composites Stocks on sale - what action?

WhiteRiver

I bought one of the Summer special sale AG Composite stocks. It is their Adjustable Hunter model w/ their B5 bottom metal. I understand that these were originally made for the Aero Solus action and a barrel channel very close to a Sendero footprint.

My question is, what actions, bolt handles, recoil lugs should I avoid or look for? I know that they are a 700 footprint but given the variance between other 700 footprint actions, is there any that people would recommend for an easy drop-in assembly and nice fitment? Thanks.

I have used Remington clone actions from Mack Brothers, Origin, ARC and Defiance in Remington footprint stocks and the only issue I have seen so far was a bit of a clearance issue with trigger hangers and ejection ports. The AG says it has taken care of the ejection port.

Only issue that I have came across with Remington inlets on a clone is that the stock might not be relieved for the side bolt release. Easy fix though. A little filing and problem solved.
I have used Remington clone actions from Mack Brothers, Origin, ARC and Defiance in Remington footprint stocks and the only issue I have seen so far was a bit of a clearance issue with trigger hangers and ejection ports. The AG says it has taken care of the ejection port.

Last edited:

Recent Posts