Bipod Rails

5280Reloader

I have a 280AI that is a hunting rifle. The stock is a standard stock, nothing special, from Bell and Carlson that has a sling swivel stud. I am looking at options to mount a bipod. I have a Harris which I have used but I have been kicking around getting something else for this rifle. Maybe an Atlas or Swagger SEA12. Either option will require a mount to be installed on the stock. I have been looking at the adapters that use the existing stud and offer a picatinny rail. This seems like a pretty easy solution that won't require any drilling of my stock. Is a pic rail the way to go? Is an arca style rail a better option? This is a hunting rifle and won't be used for any kind of long range shooting or anything like that. That is why I am leaning toward a pic adapter. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_9136.jpg
    IMG_9136.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9135.jpg
    IMG_9135.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 10
Most, if not all rail Bi-pod adaptors to use a pic rail, require two holes in the stock. pick out the one you like. Measure and drill. You can use nut and bolt type of screws or wood screw type. I advise thread locker on both.

I went through this same thought process a short time ago. I went with the Seekins pic rail. I did have two swivel studs to work with, so I no drilling was required. ARCA's have their benefits. Tripod mounts on longer ARCA rails would be great for blind or varmint hunting. I haven't purchased a bipod to replace the Harris yet, but hope to soon.