Big Agnes Q-Core Deluxe

Litehiker

Just talked to a BA lady who says that their lightest winter mattress will be the new Q-Core Deluxe with a 5.2 R value which is almost as warm as their Twin Track foam filled winter mattress.

But the Q-Core Deluxe is about 5 0z. lighter and packs into a smaller bag. In fact it packs into the "Pumphouse Ultra" inflating stuff sack. This inflating sack is also a dry bag and using it keeps you from blowing the moist air from your lungs into the mattress and defeating some of the insulating value.

The Q-Core Deluxe will be available directly from BA in mid-March. I think this will be my new winter mattress.

Eric B.

UPDATE: Many reviews of BA's insulated mattresses are not good. i.e. the insulated mattresses do not keep people warm, period. That's too bad and BA needs to fix it.

I'm going to try the REI FLASH insulated mummy shaped mattress rated at R 3.7. All the reviews of it say it is warm for 3 season backpacking. And at 15 oz. for a regular length it's light for that R value rating. I tested it at my local REI and it is very comfortable. They also have a winter version for 2 oz. more.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts