• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Beyond the Backyard needs help

ShootnMathews

I'm posting this on several forums that I'm a member of because you just never know who might be reading.

My wife and I are volunteer workers for the Beyond the Backyard charitable youth foundation. As everyone knows charitable foundations run on donations and free stuff. The foundation is all about getting kids involved in the outdoors. Hunting, fishing, hiking, anything outdoors that doesn't involve a lit screen and wifi connection. Know what I mean? All volunteers and staff are non paid. No money is "made" from this. All donations are used for apparel given out to the kids, outings, mailers to the kids and the big Adventure Camp for the kids.

So I just wanted to put a feeler out there to see if anyone knows anyone who might donate something to the kids. Youth bow, youth guns, fishing rods or tackle, hunting or fishing trips to outfitters. Anything that is "youth" appropriate is appreciated. For liability sake new stuff is appreciated. But it doesn't have to be expensive stuff. To a kid who loves fishing who has a single parent on a budget a $20 rod and reel combo is like winning the lotto. Money can also be donated to buy prizes. If you'd like to donate money or prizes shoot me a PM, there is also a link in the support column of the web page. Every little bit helps. Last year at our Adventure Camp we gave away over $10,000 (probably closer to $15,000) worth of prizes and still there were a lot of kids that did not get one.

Welcome To The Coolest Outdoor Club for Kids | Beyond The Backyard

Thank you in advance for anything.
Jared

No sir. I haven't heard any word on the PayPal situation. They said it would take a few weeks to approve all the tax free non profit stuff. I have a paypal account but I'll be honest. I use it for purchasing stuff off eBay and don't know much about receiving money on it. Let me check with my wife. She's the tech one of the family. If she says I can I will just give you my paypal and then pass the money on to BTBY. Maybe she can put a hound on the higher ups to find out why the BTBY PayPal account hasn't gone thru.

Jared

Recent Posts