• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SELLER: Beware of "Tikkamike "

No sir, I haven't heard a peep from him. I still have the rings, I tried to sell them with an honest description at a big discount from what I paid but it doesn't appear anyone wants lapped, out of warranty Badger rings. I probably should just throw them out as it puts a sour taste in my mouth every time I see them sitting there over the reloading bench. First and only time I've been ripped off by a fellow sportsman.

I see that he started posting again, I hope that this been has finally been resolved.

I`ve dealt with the man............. more than once..... recently....and would continue to do so.....
I believe what we have here is a breakdown in communication......seller and buyer not understanding one another......
Then the ******* contest starts..... long distance and public...... worse case scenario.....
my suggestion would be...... instead of running the man down in public.......
assuming you have a legal case....
take it to your states attny. generals office of consumer affairs....... they will get it settled.....
bill larson

I these accusations are correct, Tikkamike is guilty of the same thing Graf and Sons is guilty of. Both Tikamikes customer and Grafs customer should get an exchange or a refund.

I to hope that the bigger man steps up too do the right thing at getting the puzzle solved, not friendly to have this issue suspended in air for the many brothers and sisters that visit the Forum.

I for one, "my self" would of delt with this asap as houner and respect too "me" is priority one. Just me is all...

Pal Don from the Americas

Thanks for checking back in Feenix, I hope you are doing well and if I haven't said it before, thank you for your service to this country.

As far as I'm concerned I've washed my hands of this: I sold these rings off to another member here after he read this thread and was OK with them being lapped. I am glad to be rid of them, even at a loss. Continuing to pursue Mike in an attempt to have him honor his word became an exercise in futility and only resulted in raising my blood pressure.

As this thread got somewhat off topic over the course, trending into whether lapped rings are truly less valuable than unlapped ones, let me clarify that my problem with Mike was only partly in that what I received was altered rings. Never before have I posted a negative review of a seller and I probably wouldn't have in this case if Mike had simply told me to **** off when I noticed the rings were lapped. I've written off sellers before for not fully describing an item's condition, and this would have been the same.

My primary problem with Mike and what lead me to post this thread is that the last time he contacted me was on 2/26/15 (the entire content of that message is in my first post) and in that message he told me he was going to send me a refund. Given that is is now 8/31/16 and I have not received another message from him, nor a refund, his false promise of a refund is what really troubles me. I genuinely believed that he could not come up with the money at that point. After all, many guys are living paycheck to paycheck right now, things are tough.

The fact is the ad didn't mention the lapping and that may have been intentional or simply an oversight, I don't know.

That he acknowledged the fault, told me he was going to send a refund and never did is simply disingenuous.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts