Best scope mounts and rings for remington

YELLOW LAB

Have a custom built 300 win mag putting a Zeiss on it, who makes
a good base and rings, dont like leupold because of the side screw on the
base. tks

If you don't like the side nut, look at Seekins. I prefer his look for the clean sides. Don't expect to receive them any time soon, though. Tally rings are good, too.

I bought Seekins rins and Bases for my 300 win mag build. If I had it to do again I would have saved mone and bought TPS rings. They are very nice for the price and want break the bank.

I just changed my Rem 700 in 300 win mag from a weaver base/ring set to Leupolds. I like the rear adjustment screws for a target/light use rifle, but I wanted a robust mounting system for a mountain hunting gun. I went with the Leupold Double Dovetail base/ring system and it has been good so far. Solid mounting and no fears of loosening rear screws altering my zero.

I have two Remington 700 Senderos calibered in 7mm STW with Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scopes on each of them. The set-up I use on each of them is a 20 MOA EGW for the Picatinny rail and low Burris 30mm Tactical Rings. They seem to hold pretty well with the recoil and with the 20 MOA rail I can dial it out to 0ver 1,400 yards if I want.

I also have a Remington 700 LSS calibered in a .257 Weatherby Magnum also with a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scope on it. The set-up I use on that rifle is Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral 30mm Rings (Matte Medium). I really like that set-up on that rifle too.

I'm running a TPS picatinny base and Burris 30mm tactical rings on my rem very happy with this set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.