Berger 215 Hybrids in a 300 RUM

D, perhaps but no two barrels like the same powder charge for best accuracy. Variables like distance to lands, case capacity and seating depth. Be cautious, don't jump to a charge others have had success with and work up safely. Good luck

I fully agree, but most who are seating to magazine length will be very close in powder charge. Where the water gets muddy is when guys start seating to the lands on a cartridge designed to need a jump. Pressures will rise quickly. Also, this is why I am not a fan of generic quickloads, because just seating the bullet out .100 over Saami will change everything.

So I need to run up the scale with powder to find pressure signs , then back off and find the seating depth ?
captainemil,
I recommend you find your bullet seating depth accuracy node first using the lowest powder charge listed for your bullet/powder/cartridge combination. Once the bullet seating depth accuracy node is found. Work the load back up slowly checking for pressure signs and accuracy. With the Berger Hybrid bullets start at .015 off the lands and work back in .005 increments . When you find a bullet seating depth accuracy node that shows promise go .002 to either side of it if you want to try to tweak it a little. Here is how bullet seating depth can affect cartridge case capacity, pressure, velocity and accuracy:
http://www.bergerbullets.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/COAL.pdf
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at any time. And thanks for using our bullets!

I had a 300 RUM built for my son and now up to round count #68. It is 3040 fps with 88.3 H1000 and Nosler Brass. I had the 4.100 Wyatts mag box installed and have them seated .030 off the lands.

Just put the finishing touches on load development.
3088 fps Norma brass Fed 215 under 90.5 grs H1000 at Mag length 3.615 gives me 5/8/MOA@ 100yds. Barrel has less than 100 rounds thru it. Time to take it further to see if they group better at range, as I've heard. Use Caution and work up slow!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.