Beretta a400

Pick the gun that fits you best. Regardless of brand, handle majority of them before deciding which to pick. You'll pick the right one up that feels natural it'll be light years difference. For me the benelli m2, ethos line are it, I'm 5'8 medium/stocky and the length of pull and stock height felt right. The berettas felt long and forced like an 1100 just too bulky for me. Reliability wise I've got buddies that run all of the brands and with a little attention you'll have no issues. Most issues I've seen with any semiautomatic is from lack of cleaning and lube or way too much lube. Let us know what you decide.

Had an A400 Xtreme Plus and couldn't hit anything with it. They are great guns and it functioned perfectly but it felt like a 2X4 to me when I shouldered it. I have never been able to shoot Berettas very well. Most of it is in my head I'm sure but when I switched back to a Benelli there was a night and day difference. Be sure to shoulder a few and see how they swing for you before deciding which one to buy.

I love mine, took me a while to decide to spend the cash. This is my 3rd season with mine, it rarely gets cleaned and never had an issue. 100% recommend

We hunt a lot in cold, wet, weather. Waterfowl loads gum up an auto pretty fast, they will function in what seems like slow motion or jam if very dirty under these conditions. My partner hunts with one every day, and sometimes I shoot mine. They take only seconds to spray the gas system and they are very easy to keep running. (BTW he absolutely loves his and would never part with it.) All the semis share this except the versamax and possibly the SBE. Mine only jams when it is clean. Must be pretty loose. Its probaly had 25 flats or so of 3-1/2" hevi metal through it and a bunch of lead. The A400 is a great choice if it fits you well. I said that earlier. I'm shooting a SX4 right now for that reason only. It fits and feels great, and I shoot it very well. It is worse than the A400 about running dirty in cold wet weather and is more trouble to clean. Seems like we hunt all the time in freezing rain. All of the guns we have discussed are good guns. Which is better is mostly opinion. They all have their fans, and each have folks that do not like them.
This has been my experience as well.

Beretta has the advantage of factory shims that alter cast off and lop As said fit is everything. SX4 is a great gun as well- same gas system as Browning Gold/Silver. If it begins with a B it's a top gun.