Base and/or Rings?

Hello, All,

The rifle is a Howa 1500, and the scope is a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x scope. The rifle itself comes with a one-piece Weaver-style (aluminum, I believe) base and steel rings--the brand I'm not sure about. It's whatever comes with their Gameking package.

Obviously, I want this to be secure. What would be the best set-up for this gun? If there's not a "best," then what to upgrade (if anything, I suppose). This is not a topic with which I'm well-versed.

Thanks,

Stonewall

I pull most of the scope rails off and replace them with Talley one piece light weight ring /base combination. But just figure on at least $50 for rings. If you want the scope to come off (not happening with the Talley's or the DNZ's) look into replacing the bridge rail with an all steel rail and ring set from a single maker. The LRH store carries some and there are sponsors to this site that carry quality stuff. $150 for both is just a start for the top quality pieces but they will last forever and you cannot knock them off with a hammer.

KB

+1 for the Talley once piece lightweight bases/rings. Incredibly strong. If you want to stretch the range out, then you'll want a 20 moa picatinny base and some rings... the LR store here carries a bunch of great options.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts