Bank of America is Anti Gun

Going to close your Bank of America account if you have one??

• Absolutely, Immediately

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Yes when I have a the opportunity

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Why ??? Because we are all in this together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO- your not in the Pro-Gun group mindset then

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AZ Kodiak

Reprinted with permission as an FYI

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.... He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business."
"That is correct" he says.
I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"
"You have to do what you must" he said.
"So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?"
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.
I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations

Last edited:
I really can't participate in your poll because I divoriced Bang of America a while ago because they participated in the Bush-Obama bailout money scenario.

I paid off my mortgage and HEQ loan in full and continued on.

My attitude was (prior to reading this thread) that Bang of America can KMA (as well as all the other banks that took my tax dollars without asking me) and I'll include automobile makers in that as well....gun)

I have one credit card and only one. A Cabelas card. I don't need frequent flyer miles nor do I want overpriced cheap imported gifts that other cards offer as redemption points.

I want the stuff at Cabelas.:)

...and I drive a Ford too.:)

Got my noodle working about this scenario. I think back to Eric Holder and his outright campaign to 'educate the young people of American that guns are like cigaretts'.... a bad habit,

Maybe Holder has his fingers in all of this with Obama's blessing, of course.

Last edited:
Just closed it.

When we called just now, minutes after the Fox News story on the issue, the recording said:

"Please hold, we are experiencing longer than normal delays "

I suspect all larger commercial banks are (anti-firearm) or will be shortly, like I said earlier, this stinks of Holder's vendetta againse the Second Amendment.

However.... The are many, many smaller banks and S&L's that are very customer and business friendly.

Another reason not to re-elect Obama in November.

At this juncture, anything is better that the incumbent.

I fail to understand why, in a country of brilliant minds and independent thinkers, we as a people, can't come up with candidates (for President, the most powerful person in the world) that are actually qualified and have the best interests of their constitutients paramount in their minds.....

I'm puzzled.

Every post I read makes me even more confident the credit card I use is the right one. Cabelas owns their financial institution... Foremost Bank. I bet they never deny anyone for firearms related purchases......

Shortgrass....

I too, don't agree with all the principles of the NRA or any organization requerting me to do 'this or that' or constantly pandering for donations.....

However, for a long time I was not a member but I came to the realization that as an individual you are basically powerless to evoke any change in policy or fot rhat matter, anyrhing pertaining to any legislation or bill.

You have a passel of well funded politicians pushing one way, and only the NRA pushing the other. I want to keep intact, my Second Amendment freedoms as it pertains to firearm ownership, both long guns and handguns and the NRA and suppoering them is the most apparent and publically visible way.

The NRA is a powerful Washington (and elsewhere) lobbyist. It's easy to see that, consequently, I'm a member as well as the AMA (American Motorcyclist Association). Same type of organization with the same thrust.

Both organizations are typical of large groups of that type, where there are many well paid employees, salaries paid fror by your donations and dues but I can accept that for the work they both do concerning preservation of things I hold dear.

Power and voice in numbers.

That is an incredible situation. I have never heard of a Bank driving away a major business account like that . Unbelievable . I reckon you should be able to sue the bank for discrimination .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.