Ballistics Programs (Web based & Downloadable)

Hi there

Another nice ballistic calculator is qBal :qBal - Simple External Ballistics Shooting Simulator

Nice and simple to use ! Main functions are presents, and it's focused on simplicity. Bullet database is quite complete I think (I found the bullets I'm using ... Sierra and Hornady, not the most exotic OK !).

The guy developping the software also seems interested in adding new functionalities based on users feebacks.

Try it, you'll like it !

What about software that is as simple as you put in your load data and pick your scope and if mil-dot you put in your known zero and it calculates the rest.

like me I know at 25x my first half mil dot up is 200 yards. it spits out a diagram of the rest

Any info on Perry Systems and Exbal?

I am looking to do an upgrade since I haven't in quite a while, but the pages seem to be all dead ends, and contact info seems to be as well. Did they go under or simply get out of the business?

hi guys, i lvd the g7 ball calc on this site but i shoot competition archery (in metres) and therefore my hunting bows are set up in metres. i use the one rangie for bows and guns and never know which outfit i'm gonna grab depending on what and where they are. problem is all drop charts are in yards and i keep forgetting to swap back and a 10% error is bad on either outfit.are there any drop charts that are metric like the g7 and apple friendly? many thanks mike. p.s. why don't you crazy yanks move into the 21st century and go metric. lol lightbulb

I recently changed from an Iphone to an Android based phone. I had an App on my Iphone called "ISNIPE" which I really liked. However the folks that make ISNIPE do not make an App for the Android based phones. The ISNIPE app had a spread sheet type screen that contained: muzzle velocity from muzzle out to whatever you wanted. Drop in Inches and mils. come ups in Inches and Mils. windage in Inches and Mils. Number of "Clicks" on the scope for come ups. Foot pounds of energy all the way through the flight of the bullet. Anyone out there have a suggestion about Apps for the Android system that somewhat compares with these? Thanks

hey i was wondering if anyone had any experience with "shooting solutions" from the andriod market. it seems to have alot of fields and paired with range finder and windgauge? im new to shooting long range and am working up to the kristol 4500nv but need to save..

Here's a new calculator with some unique features:

Ballistics Calculator | Applied Ballistics, LLC

Using this program, you can calculate hit percentage for a specific set-up and range in various uncertainty environments.

Also, you can save your ballistic profile for transfer to an Applied Ballistics Kestrel or Whiz Wheel for use in the field.

Take care,
-Bryan

Here's a new calculator with some unique features:

Ballistics Calculator | Applied Ballistics, LLC

Using this program, you can calculate hit percentage for a specific set-up and range in various uncertainty environments.

Also, you can save your ballistic profile for transfer to an Applied Ballistics Kestrel or Whiz Wheel for use in the field.

Take care,
-Bryan

Bryan

The metric version needs some work. The resulting range card gives velocity and energy in what you call "English" units, not in metric. Also the pressure value in the summary above the card seems to be off as well as the stability factor

A number of English speaking countries use metric units so "English" units is a misnomer.

Cheers

amce,
We're currently working on the units thing, thanks for pointing that out.
-Bryan

I've noticed that some bullet manufactures (Sierra) list different BC's for different speeds. Are there any free calculators out there that take these changes into account?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.