Ballistics Programs (Web based & Downloadable)

Thanks Dave. I think this is going to be very helpful now that it is easy to access.

I use the program you made (middle link)as my main ballistics program. It is very flexible and with a little cutting and pasting I can create very helpful range cards to tape on my stock. For some reason it took a few seconds to load for viewing so if others don't see anything immediately be patient. Its worth it.

The jacksons link (bottom)asked me for a network password but when I clicked cancel the program popped right up.

The top link from eskimo.com has some neat hard to find stuff. My favorite is the max range calculator. It is unrealistic for trying to hit something but it is interesting information none the less.

Thanks again.

I clicked onto the "The Thing", the middle link in the first post and there was already some info put in on the 300 Mag. I shoot a 25-06, so do I just go in and put in my known data and does it calculate everything for you automatically?

Yes, you change the data be be whatever you desire.

You need bullet BC, bullet speed, altitude, temperature etc, just like all the other ballistic programs.

If you "right" click on it and save to your local drive it'll be faster. Any changes you make to it linked from my site CAN NOT be saved back to that site, you will need to "Save As" on your local machine.

Can any of these programs like the JBM be used on a 486 40 lap top? I have an old clunker I wouldn't mind taking out to the field with me.

Lance

There are two ballistics calculators at BigGameInfo.com
http://biggameinfo.com/BalCalc.aspx - basic functionality
http://biggameinfo.com/BalCalcAdv.aspx - more advanced with more options, preferences and database storage of loads

These are both based on the same calculation engine that you are using at the eskimo/jbm site

I'm in the beta test phase of a PDA/Pocket PC program that uses saved load data from the advanced calculator above to adjust for current conditions, range, and incline, sort of an automated comeups sheet. If interested check out
http://biggameinfo.com/SureShotBeta.aspx

Hi.
Can anyone advise distance a .22lr will travel? Subsonic 290M/sec at muzzle
Thanks.
Ralph

2.5 miles.

Go to the first link in this thread and open it (eskimo something). Scroll down to the Maximum Range Calculator and open it. Enter your known data and calculate. I did your calculation using 1400 feet per second velocity, a Ballistic Coefficient of .15 and a bullet weight of 40 grains and a G1 drag function to come up with 2.5 miles (one mile is 1760 yards so you devide the answer you are given in yards by 1760 for the answer in miles)

Thanks 4KED Horn.
Just about to get my first rifle here in France. Want to be safe using it
Ralph

I don't currently have the funds to a pda, but do have a ti-86 graphing calculator. does anyone know of a ballistics program that I could change into z80 (?) language so the calculator can recognize it. I don't have any programming software, but do know how to write programs in notepad and transfer them to my calculator. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for starting this post. Ihave always used the JBM calculater and have had problems at times accessing his site. It is real nice to have a downloadable one that can be placed on my computer. Like others mentioned, once I get my loads perfected I am going to make cheat sheets for my rifles.
Thanks Again-
John

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts