Badlands clutch vs the 2800

82ndreddevil

What is your opinion on either of these packs? Need a day pack that is capable of overnight use in reasonable conditions. And somthing that can help pack out meat and a hide. Going ibex hunting next month in southern nm, I need a pack that rides well on my back.

I have a Badlands 2800. Prior to purchasing the pack, I tried to do as much research as possible and read some of the reviews.

I found that the 2800 had very few reviews and many people were recommending the 2200. I bought the 2800 anyway and let me say...it has served me very well. From the little bit that you have said, the 2800 would work very well. I often go out for two or three day backpacking hunts and the pack holds the gear extremely well.

I bought the pack for the specific fact that it would allow me to pack out a quarter without having to take the bone out. I hate boning out an elk out in the field. I have packed several quarters out with this pack and while I always trade it out for the pack frame on the second trip, it handles the quarters comfortably enough.

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably buy the pack again. Lately, I have been considering a Mystery Ranch Metcalf which is very similar to the 2800. I would recommend you check the Metcalf out as well. It is only a matter of time until I find and buy a Metcalf. Once I do, you're welcome to borrow and try out my 2800 if you'd like.

HuntnID

That metcalf is really nice. It can be pricey depending on the options you go with. It doesn't appear to have a configuration to carry a rifle or bow. I am gonna do some research on the metcalf. Thanks for the feedback!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.