BACKPACK GLASSING LOADOUT

Redfield binos for 150 bucks, they were voted best under 500 at optics planet. I will upgrade someday! Vortex Razer 15-45 spotter. Need to buy Revic range finder and kestrel first though.
the revic range finder is awesome, the scope is as well, nothing like dial the distance in the heads up display and shoot!
it's hard to find something that will go real far out there. I'm a Revic dealer is anyone wants to talk.

I carry a set of Swarovski SLCs in 10x42 and a ATX 65mm, both go on the Sirui ET-1204 tripod with the VA-5 head. The tripod is a little heavier than I'd like but it's a good tripod and the head is smooth as can be.

Someday I'll get the NL Pures and a bigger objective for my spotter too. Maybe add some 15x56 at some point too.

the revic range finder is awesome, the scope is as well, nothing like dial the distance in the heads up display and shoot!
it's hard to find something that will go real far out there. I'm a Revic dealer is anyone wants to talk.
The scope wouldn't be legal in Idaho. no electronics other than lighted reticle allowed. Unless your shooting target of course, nice stuff for sure!

I use my old Leica 10×42 for bino work and a seldom seen Zeiss Dialyt 15×45×65 field spotter. The Dialyt is armored and less expensive than most but takes a beating.

The scope wouldn't be legal in Idaho. no electronics other than lighted reticle allowed. Unless your shooting target of course, nice stuff for sure!
AZ too.

As far as a backpack set up, I use my 15x56 Swaro SLC HD Neu on a Manfroto 290 CF tripod. I carry that set up in a gunbearer style set up so I have it really handy and quickly accessible. And always a great 10x42 in a chest harness. Right now, those are a Meopta Meostar S2 10x42. Might get upgraded next year to either a set of Swaro EL or NL Pure. I have a BTX/95 set up, but those don't ride in a pack very often, unless I am climbing to a high point JUST to glass. But not for hiking all day.

Last edited:
I use the Meopta Meostar B1 binos and the Meopta Meostar S2 spotter. Both have very good glass. I mainly use a Slik 624 with a VA-5 head. I use a Tricer BC more for shooting off of thought. Both would work for either option, but I am rarely alone while hunting these days, so we usually carry both. If I went solo, it would be hard for me to pick one. Probably take the Tricer, but it would be hard to pick one.