Awesome stock for a budget build.

Akiona

Finally had some time to put together a budget rifle for my 11yr. son to shoot long range steel and coyotes. A build he could afford. Well, at least more than half.:rolleyes:

Specs

Savage target action / RBLP
Bartlein 5r 30" bull barrel 1-8 twist
Rifle basic 8oz.
SSS recoil lug + timed and trued
SSS tactical bolt handle
Ken Farrel base/rings 20 moa
Burris BLK. Dia 6-24x50
Vias
Russo A5L . A++ for Joel as a friend and craftmanship on his stocks. Thanks Joel for the reccomendation on the color. It looks awesome. Much better in person.
Chambered in 6.5x284 Lapua 295nk.

Thanks again Joel and thanks for looking.
Akiona

100_0405.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0399.jpg

100_0394.jpg

100_0403.jpg

Thanks Guys- Joel sure makes a nice product and a nice guy along with it.

As far as the target action goes, bolt to reciever, not as tight as a full custom action like a bat or borden. As far as the quality. Can't beat it for the price. Very well built. Floating head , interchangable bolt head, pre-fit barrel with varias chamber/caliber option. Lots of material. Hard to beat a one rifle action with many options. Made for the do it yourself kind a person. Like I said for the price, you cant beat it.

Thanks Guys- Joel sure makes a nice product and a nice guy along with it.

As far as the target action goes, bolt to reciever, not as tight as a full custom action like a bat or borden. As far as the quality. Can't beat it for the price. Very well built. Floating head , interchangable bolt head, pre-fit barrel with varias chamber/caliber option. Lots of material. Hard to beat a one rifle action with many options. Made for the do it yourself kind a person. Like I said for the price, you cant beat it.

Don't qoute me on this but I'm pretty sure you can get a custom bolt to fix this through PTG. I seen one rol through Kevin's shop about a week ago and it was tight...I think I remember it was ground to dimension of the action with little clearance.

Kevin would knkow more about it then I do. If your looking for something you may wanna cantact him.

Thats true, Dave did start making after market parts for savage a few months ago. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure he will make what ever you need. Just give him the dimensions. Savage makes a great action. When that bolt is closed, everything is solid as can be. I may have to give Ashley or Dave a call.

Akiona

Akiona,

My pleasure, and it's always nice talking with you. Good choice on the colors and a great job with the finishing. I know one 11 year old that's pretty happy..
Keep in touch..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.