• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED AUSTIN & HALLECK .50 Muzzleloader w/ 209 conversion

lilharcher

<<<<<<<RIFLE IS SOLD>>>>>>>

IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG
IMG_2285.JPG

Up for grabs is my tried and tested Austin & Halleck .50 ML w/ 209 conversion.....this is made in America (Provo, UT) and the construction/quality shows. A&H unfortunately went under during the last economic downturn, but parts are still readily available (although not much to a ML - should last a lifetime if properly cared for). I am second owner - light use from first owner and never fielded by me, just taken to the range on 4 occasions in two years......this was my back-up hunting rig, but I have since inherited my grandfather's ML, so this one gets no love. Always properly maintained and cleaned after each use. Tru Glow open sites are currently sited in at 100 yrds, but receiver is drilled and tapped to mount a scope (I had it scoped). Scoped, it shoots the 290 gr Barnes Spit-Fires at 1 MOA @ 100yrds (using 150 gr volume of White-Hots)....probably solid w/ Blackhorn 209 too.

Features include:
.50 cal., Bolt action w/ 209 conversion, octagon to tapered round barrel, high polish blue finish, adj. rear and fixed front Tru-Glo fiber optic sights, drilled and tapped for scope mounting, adj. match grade trigger w/trigger block safety, Black checkered synthetic stock, black 1 in. recoil pad, 1:28 in. twist, 47.5 in. OAL, 7.88 lbs.

Condition: Cosmetic (8.5+)/Mechanical (10) - always properly maintained.

Price: $275 shipped to your door - FIRM (especially considering shipping is ~$50)

Will get some pics up later this week, or you can text me for an immediate response at:
ThreeOneZero-403-Six270

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
View attachment 79420 View attachment 79421 View attachment 79422 View attachment 79423 View attachment 79424 Up for grabs is my tried and tested Austin & Halleck .50 ML w/ 209 conversion.....this is made in America (Provo, UT) and the construction/quality shows. A&H unfortunately went under during the last economic downturn, but parts are still readily available (although not much to a ML - should last a lifetime if properly cared for). I am second owner - light use from first owner and never fielded by me, just taken to the range on 4 occasions in two years......this was my back-up hunting rig, but I have since inherited my grandfather's ML, so this one gets no love. Always properly maintained and cleaned after each use. Tru Glow open sites are currently sited in at 100 yrds, but receiver is drilled and tapped to mount a scope (I had it scoped). Scoped, it shoots the 290 gr Barnes Spit-Fires at 1 MOA @ 100yrds (using 150 gr volume of White-Hots)....probably solid w/ Blackhorn 209 too.

Features include:
.50 cal., Bolt action w/ 209 conversion, octagon to tapered round barrel, high polish blue finish, adj. rear and fixed front Tru-Glo fiber optic sights, drilled and tapped for scope mounting, adj. match grade trigger w/trigger block safety, Black checkered synthetic stock, black 1 in. recoil pad, 1:28 in. twist, 47.5 in. OAL, 7.88 lbs.

Condition: Cosmetic (8.5+)/Mechanical (10) - always properly maintained.

Price: $275 shipped to your door - FIRM (especially considering shipping is ~$50)

Will get some pics up later this week, or you can text me for an immediate response at:
ThreeOneZero-403-Six270

Thanks for looking!
Just curious, do you have any spare breech plugs, nipples, etc. that come with it?

I've owned several AHs and the early production models were GREAT! The later models were cobbled together with parts they were trying to use up and it shows. Some of these are not nearly as good as the earlier models. What is your experience with the one you have? That's a heck of a good deal for someone looking. I might actually want to pick up an extra one.

Breech plug and nipple are in great shape.....no rust and no pitting of any kind. Also, AH parts are still readily available....I can point you to a number of websites for new parts.

Definitely not a late model because the craftsmanship is spot on and all pieces go together/fit like a tailored suit. Another way to tell is the blueing on the rifle.....still appears like new after all these years. Shoot me a call/text if you want to chat.

Last edited:
Up Top - will throw in Leupold Bases and 1" rings ($50) for free......bought them new, so they are in like new condition.

Last edited:
Bump. Surprised no one needs a great shooting backup ML on the cheap.......it's good insurance for your upcoming hunts.