Atlas Bipod Review

I can't say I've had time to compare shooting results of the original with the new models. But they continue to offer the original model for those who like the play in legs.

I may be odd man out, but the play in the legs is an attractive feature for me. It's just enough that with slight forward pressure when firing it allows the rifle to move straight back under recoil with no bounce.

I have to agree with Grey, the play in the legs is what sold me on the Atlas over the Harris to begin with. For me & my shooting technique, it has proved far more consistent.

t

I have to agree with Grey, the play in the legs is what sold me on the Atlas over the Harris to begin with. For me & my shooting technique, it has proved far more consistent.

t

I can see that argument and whatever works for YOU stick with it, right? It must have been enough of an issue for B&T to address the problem. It seems that my Harris loads more evenly but I love all the other features of the Atlas so....

Keep shooting...

I can see that argument and whatever works for YOU stick with it, right? It must have been enough of an issue for B&T to address the problem. It seems that my Harris loads more evenly but I love all the other features of the Atlas so....

Keep shooting...

I feel that it is absolutely 100% preference.

If it was truly a problem, B&T would have discontinued the original version when the new one was introduced; I don't feel that is the case. B&T is VERY well known for listening to their customers & providing them with what they want, hence the new version. I think it's a win-win for B&T, now they have the opportunity to dig into the Harris market some more.

t

I have researched alot of bipods I would love to add to my rifles especially my 6.8 special and my winchester model 70. If I wasnt on a disability budget, this is the one I would definitely attach to my guns. Its perfect in every way. sincerely James

After spending about 3 months with the new PSR model the biggest advantage I found was on harder to solid surfaces. The feature where as the legs no longer spin under heavy preload allowing for a heavier preload.

This however is a flaw in my shooting technique to load the bipod this much as explained to me by much more experienced shooters. Granted this is an arguable topic and by no means do I wish to stir the pot. If your shooting style is like mine I believe you will find the same advantage with the new model.

I have this exact Atlas bipod on my competition Ruger Precision Rifle.
IMHO it's the best bipod out there.

Yes, the Harris bipod is much less money and reliable but I dislike the Rube Goldberg looks of it with springs hanging out and stamped steel fittings.
Plus you need to buy a LaRue swivel kit to make it truly useful.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.