Arkansas Bird DOWN!!!

well heres the story ...setup where I called him in yesterday morn ,..he was a lot further off this time ..2 ridges over ..had two others hammering down valley also ...I decided to go to him ..took off ..up and down up and down finally got 100yrds from him and setup in valley by creekbed, he was on top ..gobbled everytime I called ..I quit yelpin and scratched the leaves and he hammered about 75 yards straight up hill in front of me . then I saw his fan ..he paced ridge for ten mins gobbling ..then went back around topside toward a field ...I could hear hens clucking too ...I quickly went back up a bluff and tried to get on backside of where he was going ..350 yards later i came out in field and had two hens 10yards in dip feeding .. I squatted they came literally right up to my tree I was behind and new something was wrong I scared em good with intentions they would flydown hill behind me and they did exactly what I wanted >>I yelped a few times and he gobbled right on top in field ...I called a few more times and switched too slate ..he liked it ..came to edge of ridge where he could see down and just stood there struttin , drummin and gobblin for the next hour ..then I saw another hen going too him at top ...he chased her and bred her 3 times ..then she went on about to the left and toward me feeding , he steadily gobblin and struttin ,,,I waited till she got in woods beside me about 50 yards and I gobbled at him >>>he came out of strut and was on the way ..he was coming to my left and toward me ..he was facing me walking and I shot him at 38 yards ..he rolled then tried pushin his self down hill just couldnt lift his head so I shot again ..(deadbird)!! prob shouldnt have shot twice but after the lost bird monday I wasnt taking any chances ....was awesome morning lots of action
10 1/2 in beard
birdgoble.jpg

saffron.jpg

here he is struttin ..pic from phone sucks
ytwtwtw.jpg

had 15/16 spurs

Good job! Turkey hunting has got to be the one that has given me the best stories when it comes to successes AND failures. I look forward to turkey season every year, regardless of the outcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.