Arctic Grizzly Hunt

I got fur on deer I tanned, on wall. I was a little nervous. They do not seem to care. Pup gets crated when not home though.

Curious what I'd loaded. So far from cannelure. Is it 200 grain , and needed room for powder?

Curious what I'd loaded. So far from cannelure. Is it 200 grain , and needed room for powder?

200 grain Nosler Partition, from Shooters Pro Shop and came with a canneure. Other 200 Partitions I bought, didn't have them. Some do, some don't.

I seated it at various depths and this one produced the best accuracy. I really don't remember the overall length or the distance from the lands. Not sure I even measured that.

The cartridges had to cycle through the action flawlessly, which they did. Had 'em a tad longer, and one stuck! So, I shortened them a bit.

And they had to be accurate. This was easily under MOA, and I'd be braggin' a bit at the smallest of the three-shot 100-yard groups. They were pretty tight!

Guy

Congrats on the hunt, and great write up. Good comments also. That's why I like this site.

Since my first trip in '72, I bet I've made 20 or more round trips up the AlCan.

I don't care if it cost 10 times as much, no way would I fly and miss driving that HI way.

I like drving it in winter. But Early Spring is best. I've spent a lot of time in the Arctic but no one has better Northern Lights then the Yukon in March and April.

Now I want to drive that road again, no other reason then I haven't driven it in a few years.

I've met some great people along that hi way.

Again, congrats on the successful hunt.

The story of this hunt made it into the current issue of Successful Hunter magazine!

EhZuvoxh.jpg

I gotta say I'm sorry I issued this the first time around last year but glad I looked tonight. Awesome!!!! Would love to take my motor home up with kids and wife and hunt anything I could get a tag for. Your bear is awesome!!!!!

I haven't bought one of these in a few years, but I picked up this one. Nice to see good things happen for good people. Congratulations again on the wolf, and nice bear.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.