Arca Swiss Mount location

NFW

Wanted to get some input on where everyone likes to mount a arca Swiss mount on their rifle to shoot from a tripod. I've seen them mounted at the forend or right in front of the mag well. On one hand the front mount may get a more stable platform in a seating position and be able to put a backpack's under the rear, while the mount at the mag well may be more stable on its own. Thanks for your input.

Mine are mounted just in front of the mag well. I only use it when sitting, kneeling or standing and that gives me the best stability. I have a front rail, but that is for my bi-pod. If grass is low enough and I can shoot prone, that is the best option.

most people will clamp the rifle where it balances why not put a full length rail so you can move the tripod as needed?

Being that this is a hunting rifle and I don't want an uncomfortable rail along the whole bottom. Obviously PRC world super easy and very flexible. But in the hunting world, it's cold outside you don't want to be holding on to a metal plat for any extended time.

If you're gonna just put a short section I'd stick it where the rifle will balance.
However how is your bipod attached? Or maybe you don't use one.

I pretty much always recommend full length rails because of the flexibility for shot positions. But if you don't want to carry over the rail (i run a chassis and have carried over arca for 2 years with no issue) then just put a rail just in front of where you would carry it.

Ken

IMG-8168.jpg
asus fn spacebar