AR-10 rebarrel

[HIJACK] Thinking about the OP's chamber's sequence of historical events; the case started out as as the .300 Savage, Then Savage necked it down and created the .250 Savage AKA the .250-3000 (because it supposedly was the first factory chambering to hit 3000 FPS). As I recall the first rifle chambered in these two calibers was the Savage 99, a lever action and one of the finest of it's type ever made Then someone necked that down to .22 and the .22-250 was born. Arguably it is by far the best known of the three chambers.
Now it's been necked up to 6mm. So does that make it the "6mm-.22-250-3000-300 Savage"?

Sorry, it's Friday and a short work day for me so I'm a little giddy........
[/HIJACK]

On a more practical note, maybe make a chamber cast to compare it to the 6XC?

[HIJACK] Thinking about the OP's chamber's sequence of historical events; the case started out as as the .300 Savage, Then Savage necked it down and created the .250 Savage AKA the .250-3000 (because it supposedly was the first factory chambering to hit 3000 FPS). As I recall the first rifle chambered in these two calibers was the Savage 99, a lever action and one of the finest of it's type ever made Then someone necked that down to .22 and the .22-250 was born. Arguably it is by far the best known of the three chambers.
Now it's been necked up to 6mm. So does that make it the "6mm-.22-250-3000-300 Savage"?

Sorry, it's Friday and a short work day for me so I'm a little giddy........
[/HIJACK]

On a more practical note, maybe make a chamber cast to compare it to the 6XC?
On the way home gitcha a cold one and chips,-:)

About 30 years ago, the only company I could find that sold barrels for the older Armalites was Christianson Arms. The older Armalites were different than the later years and not compatible. Mine is an older AR10 Target model in .308.

On the way home gitcha a cold one and chips,-:)

About 30 years ago, the only company I could find that sold barrels for the older Armalites was Christianson Arms. The older Armalites were different than the later years and not compatible. Mine is an older AR10 Target model in .308.
I recently had to cancel my barrel order. When I spoke to the barrel vendor he explained to me that manufacturing has gone to the DPMS pattern. The earlier Armalite pattern like I have are not being provided anymore. Disappointing to say the least.

I recently had to cancel my barrel order. When I spoke to the barrel vendor he explained to me that manufacturing has gone to the DPMS pattern. The earlier Armalite pattern like I have are not being provided anymore. Disappointing to say the least.
Did you contact Christianson Arms? They were the only supplier that had them. I've got the original stainless bull barrel in .308 with a gas tube I'll probably never use. It has about 200 rounds thru it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts