Applied Ballistics Pro Support Thread

Their are a lot of short range shooters, who sacrifice BC for lighter faster bullets. This means less elevation adjustment at short range. A simplified answer but shooters do it out here where I live for varminting short range.

Kestrel 5700 Elite DSF

Hi Doc,
Quick question - I finally retired my Horus unit and picked up a Ketrel 5700 Elite - when I setup my Drop Scale Factor - the recommended distance is way out there ~2500 yards) Since I always shoot in the mountains I always have incline angles to enter. Does the DSF calibration required flat land or can I enter an incline angle and calibrate at say a 10deg incline.

Thanks

Jay

Re: Kestrel 5700 Elite DSF

Hi Doc,
Quick question - I finally retired my Horus unit and picked up a Ketrel 5700 Elite - when I setup my Drop Scale Factor - the recommended distance is way out there ~2500 yards) Since I always shoot in the mountains I always have incline angles to enter. Does the DSF calibration required flat land or can I enter an incline angle and calibrate at say a 10deg incline.

Thanks

Jay

You can enter the angle, that's fine.

This is a problem with iOS, some users have been able to fix it by going back in to the ammo and switching to G1, saving, then switching back to G7. Others have had to do a clean install of the app. We are working right now on a patch for this.

Doc I am having a similar issue with my IOS version. Based on this reply I am going to try switching BCs if that doesn't work can I back up the data I have entered for other loads online and re-sync to my app once installed fresh?

Doc, on iOS, how do you get the azimuth clock to set direction of shooting not like the android

Doc I am having a similar issue with my IOS version. Based on this reply I am going to try switching BCs if that doesn't work can I back up the data I have entered for other loads online and re-sync to my app once installed fresh?

Just input the same BC for both G1 and G7 then select the form factor that number goes to.

Hi Doc,
Just getting going with 1.09 on my Kestrel Elite. I have an issue with the following combo.

1. When I build a 300 Win Mag gun on my iPhone in 'Kestrel Link Ballistic', assign a 200gr Nosler Accubond - Custom Curve - then change the barrel twist rate from 11.25 to 10 - the program quits unexpectedly. This occurs several times - but if I start over - as I enter every value and save, then when it quits unexpectedly I haven't lost all of my data for that gun.

2. When I then transfer that gun to the Kestrel, the ballistics for that gun shows a MV calibration distance of around 154 yards. The displayed elevation is somewhere around 2000MOA for 500 Yards.

3. When I go back to the iPhone, delete the gun, and rebuild it using a G7 curve instead - and transfer it over to the Kestrel - all works well.

Thanks

Jay

Ok Doc I'm having trouble.
I'm currently using an iPhone 7 but this problem started with my iPhone 5s when I go to my drop charts the dope isn't showing up wind lead or drop, also the velocity and energy outputs are incorrect they aren't decreasing in the appropriate increment. I have checked and rechecked and triple checked my inputs and the rifle data I have reloaded the app not sure what else I could do to fix this maybe I'm missing something please any help would be much appreciated

Ok Doc I'm having trouble.
I'm currently using an iPhone 7 but this problem started with my iPhone 5s when I go to my drop charts the dope isn't showing up wind lead or drop, also the velocity and energy outputs are incorrect they aren't decreasing in the appropriate increment. I have checked and rechecked and triple checked my inputs and the rifle data I have reloaded the app not sure what else I could do to fix this maybe I'm missing something please any help would be much appreciated

We have a fix coming out in the next week or two that should clear up this bug for you.

Ok got it but now some of my loads won't give me the dope screen it just exit the app, really frustrating.

To clear out any old or bad code in the app we suggest you do a clean install.

This means saving the profiles to web sync, and then deleting and re-installing the app.

After you do this, check your profiles to make sure all the data is sound and correct.

Is the windage zero offset backward in AB Mobile?

If the impact is right of point of aim I am suppose to put that as a positive number correct?

This doesn't work, I have to input a negative number for a right of POA impact otherwise it tells me to dial right. Am I confused?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.