Anyone try out a Zeiss Z-plex???

Tesoro

I just got my new WOA 24in 20 practical upper and need to scope it. Am thinking about the conquest 5x25 with the z plex. I figure that I'll prob be shooting 32gr grenades about 4000fps at ground squirrels, rock chucks n coyotes max 400yds. So my drop at 400 will be about 12in. I got basically 2 fixed target sizes...rat standing up or a chuck scuttlin around which is around 6in tall. And then coyote about 24in. So holdover is pretty simple with known target sizes and my leica rangefinder. So am thinking about just keepin it simple and going with a duplex reticle and a 10 rd mag. But I havent used the z-plez and none around here to look thru. Has anyone tried these and have any comments?
Other wise I'll be stuck with a leupold n fine duplex. But I prefer the zeiss glass and recently a bit ticked at leupold anyhow.

Tesoro,
I haven't personally used the Z-plex reticle. I have come to prefer the MOA based reticles on my varmint rigs. I usually always dial for distance, then use the reticle for holding off for wind. No need to limit yourself to 400 with the 20P:D
The little 32 grainers are quite sensitive to wind, and hold offs can be different from shot to shot.
I have a Vortex PST FFP scope with the MOA based reticle on one of my rigs, and a NF SHV with the MOAR reticle on my 20 BR. Also have a couple of rigs with Leupold scopes and the fine duplex. I have exposed target turrets on those and dial for elevation and wind while shooting at little fuzzy stuff or steel. The MOA based reticle also makes it easy for me as a spotter to convey an accurate wind hold to the shootergun)

-Mike

Thx for the input. I found some ref info on the z plex and it looks the fine hairs are a bit on the thick side for 'head of rat' shooting. And then I remembered I had a conquest with z plex about 8 years ago on a 223 mod 700! I must be getting senile prematurely! So yeah its more of an all around duplex hunting reticle. I'll start looking at the moa reticles on your advice. I have a really nice moa reticle on a swaro that I havent learned how to use yet but I can only afford one swaro! A friend just got one of the lower cost nf so Ill check that scope out too.
Yeah those 32 grainers are nearly like a balloon in the wind but are one of the most toxic rodenticides out there!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.