Anybody from Kansas on here?

Have lived in different parts of Kansas (Topeka, Wakefield, Junction, Herington,Parsons, Emporia, Lawrence :(-, and now NW Wichita, a few places in between on Uncle Sam's insistence). Have some private land we shoot on out to 900yds and sometimes 1000 depending on crops. Working on a shoot in Flint Hills where some will stretch to a mile. Hopefully we can make the arrangements for that in the near future. Anyone know of any quality gunsmiths in the area that could true an action and rebarrel? There is a guy up north of town "Emma Creek Gunworks?" but I haven't heard anything about him. His website has some beautiful wood stocks if that's your thing. Anyhow, have a good one. 0530 will be here too soon.

Steel Rain, I also live in NW Wichita at 21st and 119th. I am from Atwood and like muleyhunter said Tyler from the Great Outdoors gunshop in Atwood is excellent and has made a few fine long range rifle himself. He is the only one I take my guns to. I am always going back there or have someone coming down so if you are interested hit me up and I can give you his info. and maybe work something out for you. My number is 316-393-5914.

Have lived in different parts of Kansas (Topeka, Wakefield, Junction, Herington,Parsons, Emporia, Lawrence :(-, and now NW Wichita, a few places in between on Uncle Sam's insistence). Have some private land we shoot on out to 900yds and sometimes 1000 depending on crops. Working on a shoot in Flint Hills where some will stretch to a mile. Hopefully we can make the arrangements for that in the near future. Anyone know of any quality gunsmiths in the area that could true an action and rebarrel? There is a guy up north of town "Emma Creek Gunworks?" but I haven't heard anything about him. His website has some beautiful wood stocks if that's your thing. Anyhow, have a good one. 0530 will be here too soon.

I have never heard of Emma Creek Gunworks but Wichita has a great lack for a good gunsmith. There is nobody in Wichita I would trust unfortunately.

I know some guys that have taken minor stuff to Gander. It was mostly on guns they'd bought there and had a problem with. Based on their experiences I don't think I'd let them touch anything of mine. Another friend had good experience with a shotgun fix through Michael Murphy's out in Augusta. However, my boss took a rifle out there with some ammo. That was two years ago. Job is not done and last time he was there they couldn't find the ammo or cases he gave them. So, he's out about hundred bucks plus services agreed upon haven't been completed. I think there should be enough shooters around to support a guy if he put out good work. Thanks for the intel about your friend in Atwood. That's a ways out there but I'd travel. Other bonuses are that I could spend my money in Kansas and it would give me a reason to kill some ducks and pheasant out that way. Have a good one!

They don't get much better shotgun wise than Jim Greenwood at Murphy's but seriously expensive and unless you hound him you will wait a long long time.

Gander doesn't even do any smithing anymore and for good reason. There used to be a few good old machinist that could do good work here but I don't know of any now.

+ 1 for Tyler at Atwood. He had made some beautiful and deadly rifles. When I decide to turn my Remington into a custom something else, he will get my rifle. Also because he is only 30 min away.

Mulie, I shoot trap at Atwood and did some talking and found out some about their rifle range. I'm on the wildlife board here and we just approved to start work on building a 500yd range. Can't wait to get started. I had been just driving out in the boonies to set up gongs to shoot 800. Hoping to find a pasture where I can reach 1000.

87predator that shoulds like that is a good idea. I wish Atwoods would bust down the burm and extend the range up the draw to at least 500 yrds.

I know this thread is old but you guys should check out TParms.com, Jaimison is out of Garden Plain. He just opened up last summer. He did a thread on my 300wsm and timed a brake. I think he does good work and will do some more when I get the funds.

Recent Posts