any 450 bushmaster shooters on here

After looking again doesn't look wrong the socom when launches the 300gr pill slightly faster than the 300gr bushmaster and thus carries slightly more energy at muzzle after that it's all come down to bc so things can change quick with say a hollow point compared to a cutting edge raptor.

After looking again doesn't look wrong the socom when launches the 300gr pill slightly faster than the 300gr bushmaster and thus carries slightly more energy at muzzle after that it's all come down to bc so things can change quick with say a hollow point compared to a cutting edge raptor.

Look at the 450 bush vs. The Beowulf with identical bullets and MV. For me, seeing crap data for one or two cartridges makes me question the credibility of the whole chart. That's all I was getting at.

Not many people shoot them on this site because we are real men on here and shoot .458 socom. Just kidding I much prefer my socom as it has more stank behind it with much better bullet selection. That being said nothing wrong with .450 as a matter of fact I may get one. I live in a part of the state that has been shotgun only till recently now we can use the bushmaster and other straight wall cases that means 450 is out.
I have been shooting and loading the Bushy for several years now. I have to disagree on the boolit selection. More weights are available for the pistol boolit .452 that the rifle boolit 458. The pistol boolits are of a lighter weight and construction promoting great exspansion over the heavier 458's. On heavier game the .458's may be perfect But I much prefer the pistol 452's. I hunted with a TC 4570 300gr and 350gr bullet. They did not expand at all on deer just passed right on through. Had to track several with nicely placed broadside lung shots. One went over 200yds on a full run then fell over dead. I have yet to track one Busy shot. Here is one that was facing away. Had to shoot far back to reach lung or heart area. Found billet jacket in the off side rib. Deer never moved. LOL, no meat was wasted it was all along the rib flank. Bullet passed through stomach as well, that is all the grass he had been eating.

Attachments

• 56EFDD42-C97B-4077-A09A-803CE0B026EC.jpeg
    56EFDD42-C97B-4077-A09A-803CE0B026EC.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 76
  • ED37098B-CF51-46AE-A560-AB09AF8BC573.jpeg
    ED37098B-CF51-46AE-A560-AB09AF8BC573.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 72
  • F9A8FA2D-7187-45F4-8ED8-3FA3EE2B2123.jpeg
    F9A8FA2D-7187-45F4-8ED8-3FA3EE2B2123.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 77
4 year old post

Ammo prices jave gone up considerably since the 450 bm, 458sc, and 50 bw came out
Using ammo seek for comparison the 450 bm ammo starts around $34/box
458sc ammo starts at $40/box
And 50 bw ammo starts at $42/box
I'm not sure about availability of 458 and 50 bullets, but I found 452 bullets , Lil gun powder, and dies for reloading fairly easily for the bushy recently -- hard part seems to be getting brass-- can't find much h for the bushy but can find the other 2

I nabbed a Ruger American bolt gun in 450bm, with 16" barrel and stock muzzle brake. I put a Leupold VX1 2-7x33 scope. It shoots the Hornady Custom and Black, off the shelf ammo quite well, roughly 1moa, and nearly identical ballistics, given they load the 250gn FTX for both at a published velocity of 2200fps. I've had excellent success dialing in the 250gn FTX using 38.2gn Lil Gun. Ballistics are a rainbow of course, but this thing even with a 16" barrel, is grouping well consistently. I think for me it is as I heard someone describe liking having both an older straight waller like my 35rem and this new round. It's been a dandy and easy to dial in for.

I nabbed a Ruger American bolt gun in 450bm, with 16" barrel and stock muzzle brake. I put a Leupold VX1 2-7x33 scope. It shoots the Hornady Custom and Black, off the shelf ammo quite well, roughly 1moa, and nearly identical ballistics, given they load the 250gn FTX for both at a published velocity of 2200fps. I've had excellent success dialing in the 250gn FTX using 38.2gn Lil Gun. Ballistics are a rainbow of course, but this thing even with a 16" barrel, is grouping well consistently. I think for me it is as I heard someone describe liking having both an older straight waller like my 35rem and this new round. It's been a dandy and easy to dial in for.
Any experience with the 225ftx? Hard to find any 250's right now but I can find the 225's

I run the 250 FTX (.458") at just over 2,000 ft/sec with H110 or LilGun in my SOCOM. I could probably get another 100 ft/sec but don't like to push the limits in an AR platform. My RRA SOCOM upper has a brake but it isn't really needed.

The most accurate bullet in this rifle has been the Barnes 300gr TTSX which I shoot out to 300yds. It devastates hogs.

I run the 250 FTX (.458") at just over 2,000 ft/sec with H110 or LilGun in my SOCOM. I could probably get another 100 ft/sec but don't like to push the limits in an AR platform. My RRA SOCOM upper has a brake but it isn't really needed.

The most accurate bullet in this rifle has been the Barnes 300gr TTSX which I shoot out to 300yds. It devastates hogs.
The hornady black ammo shoots the 250 ftx from my 18" 450 bm at 2130 fps- I would think the socom would best that by a bit.

MD passed a straight wall cartridge law, for deer, in previously shotgun slug countries. .450 BM is legal, SOCOM would not be in these countries. That and the fact it is a hammer on deer, and hogs, are two reasons I bought one. Although I have to go south for the hogs.