Antelope bow hunting thoughts

bigshow

Hello to all. I've been talking to 2 different outfitters about a antelope bow hunt. One in South Dakota and the other in Wyoming. My question is which state in yalls thought would be more enjoyable or worth going to? This is my first antelope hunt. The gentleman in Wyoming said mechanical and fixed broads would be could but the gentleman in South Dakota said he recommended fixed blade due to shooting threw blind windows/mess. As of right now I'm shooting game 100gr swhacker 2blade heads but have looked at the exdus broadheads for fixed blade. Both will be hunting in blinds over watering holes or feeding areas. Any thoughts for a new antelope hunter would be very much appreciated.

I too would go to WY. Lots of good fixed blades out there. Slick Tricks are good. I am partial to VPA's. They are a cut on contact head that you can shoot over and over. You just sharpen them up before the hunt. I have found they fly better out of my rig than Slick Tricks but only slightly better. I tried a lot of fixed blade heads and ST and VPA where almost tied with the edge going to the VPA that I can resharpen over and over.

I was looking at the quad exodus broadheads as well as the vpa. I'm gonna need a new bowfishing. I'm loons at the bear br33 because of the 32inch draw.

Bigshow,

I have shot a lot of antelope with a bow either fixed blade or mechanical will work very well. Just make sure the blades are sharp and You"ll be fine. If you are using a blind with mesh on the windows use a fixed blade for sure or remove the mesh. I would definitely go to Wyoming and in particular Carbon County Wyoming. That's the best place in world to hunt antelope, both in numbers and in trophy potential.

Thank you sir for the reply. I am going to go with the ram cat broadhead or the rocket sidewinder. Both are going to be 100gr heads.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.