Annealing, help me deside

The salt and she'll holders I am buying is available at
Ballisticecreations.com the salt melts at 287.6*F/ 142*C
and had a maximum safe working temp of 1094*F /590*C
The suggested annealing temp is 1010-1020 degrees/F 3-5 seconds at this temp will effectively anneal my brass necks and shoulder
If you wish a complete explanation go to the above website for a complete explanation

you don't have to quench the brass after annealing a simple fan will cool the brass in a few minutes like 5 min at most you can build a annealer fairly cheap, I built one from a member on this site's forum and it works great I can anneal 100 cases in about 7 minutes very easy to build order the parts from china they get here ina week

suggest a good read for you. Titled the Heat Treater's Handbook, or even the Machinist Handbook.
glt

Here is another Annealing machine that I saw that can be purchased that can be very consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUbdrRQM0c

When I was doing them one at a time, They were never "exactly" the same and in my mind anything controlled by site, cant be exactly the same heat treatment.

The main advantage to something timed, Is consistency. And consistency breeds accuracy and uniform bullet grip, and that's the name of the game.

Using the Tempilaq I can set the timing precisely to where I want it and then its just a matter of feeding it cases. I use a large propane bottle that keeps the flame consistent.

Nothing wrong with other methods as long as they are Consistent.

Simple and consistent is better in my opinion, especially if you are going to run large batches of cases at a time.

J E CUSTOM

Nothing more consistent than perfect. Every single one.
Since dipping is the ONLY path to perfect, consistency is taken to that.
Simple

As far as I am aware, no production brass is dipped to anneal, it is all flame annealed. That would mean that all of our snipers are using flame annealed brass, not dipped, so I guess precise enough...

At 1:25 in this Remington vid, it shows them torch annealing new brass.
[ame]

I watched that video very impressive to say the least, but considering Remington is annealing 100s of thousands if not well inexcess of multiple million of pieces of brass annually they or any other ammunition manufacturer has no choice but to flame anneal as flame anneal is the only economically viable method to anneal huge numbers of brass no other method can even approach it.
I am going to try salt bath as its very accurate and consistent and because I already own a Fluke digital temp meter complete with a 800*c thermalcouple attachment and was given for free a temperature controlled LEE lead melting pot and I have access to free awesome PPE I can be set up to anneal an almost unlimited number of brass for under $70.
And if I weren't being lazy I could cut that cost down to under $25 but I'm buying my she'll holders as the place I'm buying them from makes them out of SST/steel and they are a perfect fit to effectively seal off the top of the pot Lee lead melter.
I agree the torch & battery drill method is by far the cheapest and easiest of all annealing methods, and I have absolutely no doubt what so ever the flame torch method works and believe those of you who claim with practice it's very accurate, I just prefer a method that removes as much of human element out of the process as possible and for that benefit I am willing to accept the slightly increased risk salt bath annealing has vs using a torch.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.