• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Sharon. I have sent PM to her from this site, with no response. I need contact imformation. I would like to order 3 ammo wallets, and also had a couple of ideas I would like to discuss.

Hey guy's, I am wanting to ( Move ) this (Ammo Book) thing to the. For Sale forum of ' other stuff ' and get it off this form LR shooting Thread.
I contacted one of the Moderators to ask about it. This is Not a retail business. I have a real job that pays my bills and buys my bullets and does not involve any sewing. I would just like to take this thing to the FS section and just bump it up once in a while to let you guys know going on with the Ammo Wallet making.
seriously, (this ammo book thing) It kind of just fell into my lap when I was not paying to much attention. One of the local guys ( that I made books for him and brother) that I shoot 600 practice told me he was talking about my work on this LongrangehuntingCom forum and I went and checked it out. And Now, "here I am."
also, I am really NOT making jack on these Ammo Books. Just making Min. Wage if best. So this little profit of Ammo Book just goes into my 'Beer drinking kitty' if even that.

& ALSO: looking for a little feed-back from the guys who bought them off me. Are they working all right ? or are they in need of improvement ? . (keep in mind) I am just trying to get a container for Ammo that is just a basic 'folding book' with as little as possible in pieces but able to carry to the field and store/protect loaded Rounds and then your Empties till reloaded. No Velcro to wear-out or Buckles or snaps. but a smooth ammo Holder for the Field & Pack. "just keeping simple", as sometimes 'having less is more' .
-
*** for the couple guys asking*** for the .408 CT Ammo Book. I am sitting down the next couple evenings and working out the pattern to cut-out for you.
It will be a couple dollars more over the Reg. 35-$. for the .338 Books. based on my 'new found knowledge' of just how big that .408 CT is. I will let you know pretty quick though on what it is going to be. & Wow that .408 CT is just plain a Long-Range Monster.

& thanks.. for you guys likeing what I make.

I started this thread and am glad that I did. Love the wallets however I must admit I haven't had live rounds it them yet, just the casings. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have the live rounds.

The wallet being made of hard material really makes the wallet feel solid. The tab to hold the wallet together is so much better then Velcro or a strap. It's also nice to have a pocket inside for ballistics data.

For $35 bucks you are getting a quality wallet here that in my opinion would be very hard to beat.

Thanks. I think you will be surprised when you get tit filled-up with lead and powder. I always use the best material when I sew because I sew things for people like I am going to using it myself. .. ;)
Ya a lot of people are not aware of that "tab' for closing, that you are referring to. It is a "Tuck-Flap closing Tab" it has an internal stiffener plate inside when seam bound. That tucks inside the opposing side mating slot when Wallet is folded closed. It held firm and 'Closed' tight just by the internal Full-volume of the contents of the container (the ammo Book). No Velcro or Buckels or bets and snaps.
The Tuck Flap system has been around for many years and is used extensively now for the closing of Parachute Harness container systems in the skydive industry. And that's were I learned how to use this closing system for the Ammo Books that I am making for you guys. Para Rigging, thats were my skill comes from in sewing and how I got a room full of comercal machines @ my finger tips for my own personal gear making too.

Last edited:
Heads-Up *** Important info***
Was contacted back by Owner & managment. There is precedent already set. so Longrangehunting.com asked that I follow these rules. There are rules Set to protect the paying Sponsors. ..."not that any want to make ammo wallets".
Non-Sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "PM Sent" or "email sent" and the conduct their business off line.
I can not move this out & into the FS forums ."So" I must ask that if you want a Ammo Book fashioned for your Ammo. PM me or hit me @ my home e-mail that is in my 'profile' and we will keep it like that . And I think all will be cool..
-
-
On the .408 CT ammo Books.
OK, I'm actually cutting out a .408 CT Book tonight and just to make sure all is GTG on this bigass Chey Tac .
I will send the Ammo Book for ( Free/no charge ) to that member ( gbp ) who sent me that .408 CT case out of the goodness of his heart. for me to use as an example of cartridge size,.
I don't shoot or own the .408 CT and have No Ammo for final quality control for you guys to happy with the final product.
What I will have him do. I will have him fill it up with his ammo and let me know if it is all GTG . then he can just keep the Book for lending me the CT case and giving me a report back on the CT Ammo books quality.
These rounds are a little larger/heavier round. but I see no reason that they can not be the same price as the .338 books unless there is to be some reinforcement remodeling of the pattern used.

Recent Posts