• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

I found a guy at Snipers Hide Forums who made me a couple of hard ammo wallets. These things are great. They are for .338 RUM shells, hold 20 rounds and are made with hard inserts so the wallet is solid when closed.

His name on the forum is softcock. If you can't find him send me a pm and I will get you the info. These things are great.

I found a guy at Snipers Hide Forums who made me a couple of hard ammo wallets. These things are great. They are for .338 RUM shells, hold 20 rounds and are made with hard inserts so the wallet is solid when closed.

His name on the forum is softcock. If you can't find him send me a pm and I will get you the info. These things are great.

Buzz,
I picked mine up from him on Tuesday night. They are really nice. Here are some pics!

The shell is a 7 rem Mag, but as you can see, its a long throated one. OAL 3.600. He made the pattern from a 338 edge round, so the RUM diffenitly fit!
DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

The nice thing is there is no velcro to wear out opr make noise.

I am sure Buzz you will be very happy. And yes he is a good guy to deal with.

Willys46

Here is one I got for 308 win
DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

Hello. & my 1st post here and 1st time to log-in. I don't sell or buy here on this web. forum either. So to the Moderator, if I am breaking the rules by Posting. Please Delete.
I was approached by a member (from this site) to make a couple of Ammo books, specific sized for. RUM-Edge-.338 LP mag. cartridge fit.
I did up a pattern for 20-round case and made a couple for him. I also while doing his cut-out a few more also to be sold in case there were a couple extra big Mag. shooters who needed Ammo books for there Packs.
also: I noticed one post saying that they are, ' sewn Homemade '. While true I sew them where I live, I do Not Sew on my momma's Singer. I am a formal trained. I have my own complete rigging/sew loft. With commercial machines. A couple of Single needle, ziz-gag,strait stitch combo walk-foot machines.- Serger - Bar-Tack - Double Needle with seem binder & Harness machine able to do #5 cord thread.
A small but able little set-up but it is not my formal trade that I do for a living. And that's the way I like it.

(ammo books). They are my Own Design that I use. Very smooth and nice tight little brick of a book when filled. They stay closed also with No buckles and No Velcro to wear-out. . "Almost looks like I know what I am doing ".
These are more of a Ammo 'Book' than a soft folding wallet. They have keep and have a ridged but flexable shape when folded or un-folded laying next to you on the mat when shooting. I have been using my ammo books for a couple years and I like them for storage of live rounds and also when shooting I can slide my empties back inside to keep them from getting boogered-up till I re-load them.

The extra Ammo Books I made are in (desert camo) all sewn nylon #69 thread - nylon Cordura material inside and outsider shell with nylon seam-binding tape stitched double needle with milspec. elastic keepers. with pocket divider inside for re-load info etc. and lanyard-loop to secure to your pack, to prevent from, 'losing it from your pack'.
Patterned for, 20-Round Books - RUM - Edge - .338 lapua . size cartridge. also: if your total cartridge OAL is under 4-inch. You will be GTG.

-
They extra one's I have are ( 35-$ plus shipping )
(believe me when I say this) . @ 35-$ each. I am not making but Min. Wage sewing these ammo wallets. I am doing it because 'I can' and also because I shoot.
Hm. e-mail for contact info. ... yoda99goin_in@ ... verizon.net . (remove the ... for e-mail)
looks like I got . Four extra, 20-round books done on the cutting table.
.... & They LOOKY Like DIs.
Edgeammobook2.jpg

edgeammobook.jpg

Last edited:
I know what the chey tac cartridge basically is but actually I have never fondled one . What's the parent case ?
Sounds just a tad longer in the OAL as the Edge or LP mags. but is it much thicker in the case Diam. ?
Sounds like just cutting the pattern just a tad longer in the adaptation of OAL cartridge length is all that is needed because of the elastic keepers are pretty forgiving. So they sound pretty doable.

Hey cap-off me a dummy case and mail to me if that is possible. (If you are feeling generous.)
No primmer & powder in it, Use a spent case that is worn-out And just put a cheaper-$$ bullet in it ( that's a joke...:) ) other that those high-tech spendy 408 CNC turned,high BC pay-check burners projectiles.

I know what the chey tac cartridge basically is but actually I have never fondled one . What's the parent case ?
Sounds just a tad longer in the OAL as the Edge or LP mags. but is it much thicker in the case Diam. ?
Sounds like just cutting the pattern just a tad longer in the adaptation of OAL cartridge length is all that is needed because of the elastic keepers are pretty forgiving. So they sound pretty doable.

Hey cap-off me a dummy case and mail to me if that is possible. (If you are feeling generous.)
No primmer & powder in it, Use a spent case that is worn-out And just put a cheaper-$$ bullet in it ( that's a joke...:) ) other that those high-tech spendy 408 CNC turned,high BC pay-check burners projectiles.

The parent case is .505 Gibbs.
I would also be interested in a 408 case wallet:), do you have German Flecktarn 5 color camo?

Cheers,

Master Diver

Hey send my one of those fatboy gibbs brass done in .408. (Empty is ok). If you want a Ammo Book.
-
Don't have any Cordura in German Flecktarn 5 color camo, ' I wish I did '. The only German Flecktarn 5 color camo I have seen is in Heavy Cotton-Poly blend for cloths. and I will not sew bags and accesories for the 'field' in cotton/poly. Cotton/poly will just not hold-up like nylon cordura.
Hard for me to score small amounts of Digital and Fleck. high denier nylon. When I do get cordura it is usually in the roll and there is 70-100 yard in the roll. So I got to be pretty picky when it comes to choosing/spending several hundred -$$$ for fabric at one time. When I get large amounts. I am married to the choices of color, for better or worse.
I am picking up some more cordura in an order this week but it is going to be more of the desert 3-color earth tone. and some more camel grown and green. Sometimes I do see fabric remnants of rolls of Dig. camo in retail sale but I 'don't' see much of the German Fleck when looking around especially in cordura.

I do NOT have any cartridges but will have some in about a month or so.
Maybe someone could send you one.
I would be happy with woodland or some other grean wallet.

Cheers,

Master Diver

I do got a little of the darker green woodland cordura laying around. Could do it in that when I get a chance. maybe trimed in OD green or black binding tape.
Round me up an empty case with an OAL and let me know.
Talk to you then, ...thanks

Got that .408 CT / .505 parent case today in my PO box.. . Holy Crap.
So unless I hear otherwise. I am going cut the Loaded Case OAL for these Books @ 4.50" .
Kind of curious also if the 4.5" OAL id GTG for the .375 / .408 CT necked-down variant that's being shot ?

thanks ( gbp ) for the loner case sent to me for an example. will get it back to you ASAP.